Views: 5771|Replies: 13

Share your feeling and please give some advice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-26 20:49:09 |Display all floors
Do you still remember your feeling when you started your first job? Humble? Confident? Fear? Confused? Can you share your feeling then? May you give some advice to a fresh man in job or somebody who is green or who is in the stage of job-seeking?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-27 09:54:55 |Display all floors
Generally speaking, the ones who paint the most frightening pictures are the ones who are most insecure.
Don't pay them any attention.
Listen to the older ones who have a calmer manner. They are more likely to tell you the truth.
Nobody will expect the world from you. As long as you are sincere and put in a good effort and .. that is what matters most.
You shouldn't try to show anyone up even as a more experienced worker but certainly not as a new comer.
The more experienced people will recognize your contributions.
The insecure ones will try and play on your insecurities so if they start telling 'war stories' don't be too impressed.
In truth, it probably won't be as frightening as it will be boring. {:soso_e112:}

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-27 10:15:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-27 12:18

I was both proud, excited and a little worried.

At that age (19) I was to naive to have serious worries... most of them was "do I act like grown man?".

Everybody in office (2 older ladies) was a "guru" for me.
And it last for several months... then I opened with one of this ladies and a second (4 years older then me) friend another company.

Then - old lady (my "guru") happens to have heavy schisophrenia attack (she didn't tell us that she was sick when we settled our enterprise)... and all tasks at the beginning of new company was immediatly on my, and also unexperienced, and only few years older friend's shoulders.

We could not just give up, beacouse we already collected pre-pays form customers (and spend that money to prepare services... so it was unreturnable money).

This made me grown up instantly.

Btw. Our little enterprise give us some money, and a lot of experience.
This was for me FIRST REAL job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 10:52:57 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-27 10:15
I was both proud, excited and a little worried.

At that age (19) I was to naive to have serious wor ...

I admire your courage to open your company in that young age. And congratulations to your insistance when in hardship which contributes to your growing, experience and success.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 11:03:47 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-9-27 09:54
Generally speaking, the ones who paint the most frightening pictures are the ones who are most insec ...

thanks for your advice robert, your reply make me more down to earth. I will try to make your advice in mind.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-9-27 15:45:42 |Display all floors
I had a part time job at school that lead to a full time career. I recall the first day on the job clearly, it was a Saturday and I would work one day a week and 2 afternoons after school. I arrived and was quite nervous, I was 15 and the proprietor had invited me to work for him after I won a couple of local competitions. I spent the first couple of hours meeting various staff members and having their jobs explained to me before meeting my "boss" a grizzled and jaded old had on the job. He was terrifying to a young lad like me but he made me feel at home and turned out to be both worse and better than I expected. I went out as his PA a few times to get a feel for the job in the field and to learn how to interact with the public.  When I was let loose on my own it was a mixture of confidence and fear that got me though with a massive dose of relief after the job.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 16:49:59 |Display all floors
Take my experience,my feeling of the first job as below trend,confidence --> confuse --> boring...
It should accumulate the working experience from the first job including the profession skill and communication skill...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.