Views: 3739|Replies: 0

企业面试设 “星座门槛”惹争议 [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-9-11 16:07:15 |Display all floors
过去,大多数人对于星座(astrological sign)都抱着半信半疑的态度。可如今,一些企业在招聘时,竟也将星座纳入考虑范围。这一举动也引得各界哗然,“星座门槛”源于何?

Wang Chao was stunned when he glanced through the online graduate job vacancies at his university. One advert especially caught his eye, and he could scarcely believe what he was reading: "Designer wanted, Virgo only."
当王朝(音译)在学校上网浏览毕业生招聘信息时,他着实吃了一惊。一条广告引起了他的注意,他几乎不相信自己的眼睛。该条信息称:“招聘设计师,仅限处女座。”

The senior student, majoring in arts design in the Journalism and Communications Department at Zhongnan University of Economics and Law in Wuhan, Hubei province, saw the ad in early March as he was busy correcting part of his graduation project, an animated film. The advert said Virgos were the preferred candidates because the sign is associated with perfectionists, making them ideal candidates for that type of work.
王朝是武汉中南财经政法大学新闻传播学院艺术设计专业的大四学生。看到这则广告时是三月初,那时他正忙于修改毕业设计——一部动画片。广告中提到,优先录用处女座,因为该星座往往同完美主义者联系在一起,这使得他们成为该项工作的理想候选人。

"I don`t understand: If I am not qualified for the job and am rejected, I sort of can accept that," he said over the phone, "but if they turn me down simply because of my star sign, then I think that`s unacceptable."
他在电话中说:“我不明白:如果是我自身不能胜任这项工作而被拒绝,那么我还稍稍可以接受。但如果他们只是因为星座的原因而拒绝我,那么我认为这根本无法接受。”

China Daily was unable to garner a response from the company that posted the ad. Meanwhile, the BBS thread was deleted immediately after students posted messages complaining about the ad. "I had no influence on the positions of the stars and planets when I was born," said Wang, "but the recruitment manager at the company insisted on a Virgo."
《中国日报》没能从发布广告的这家公司方面获得回应。在有学生发帖抱怨后,中南财经政法大学BBS也立即删除了这则广告。王朝说:“我无法改变自己出生时的星座位置,而这家公司的人事经理却仍坚持只招处女座。”

It may be the first time that Wang Chao has encountered "horoscopeism", as the phenomenon has been dubbed by the Chinese media, but the practice of choosing employees according to their astrological sign is becoming more widely adopted.
国内媒体将这一现象称之为“占星主义”。这也许是王朝本人第一次遇见信奉“占星主义”的雇主,但是根据应聘人员的星座来决定录用与否已被越来越多的人所采纳。

Liu Ming has been working as a human resources executive with the Wuxi-based Guolian Securities for about five years. He said some managers have asked him to pay more attention to the astrological signs of applicants. "A manager, born under the sign of Gemini, asked us to find someone who would match him in terms of personality, according to astrology. However, we did not take his advice. In fact, it`s about the very last thing we would take into consideration. Candidates` working, learning and communication abilities are way more important," said Liu.
刘明(音译)已经在无锡国联证劵公司人力资源部门工作了约五年的时间。他表示,一些经理曾让他多关注应聘者的星座。他说:“有位双子座的经理要求我们根据星象来招聘与他对脾气的员工。但我们并没有采纳他的建议,事实上,应聘者的工作能力,学习能力和沟通能力更为重要,而星象则是我们最后才会予以考虑的一方面。”

Meanwhile, Li Qin has been working as a headhunter in Beijing for about four years. She found that multinational companies, especially European ones, will stress the subject of astrology when recruiting managerial assistants or secretaries for the executives. "This type of screening is already done when they are going through the resumes. Normally applicants have no idea they`ve been turned down only because their astrological sign does not match the executive in question," said Li.
李青(音译)在北京做了4年的猎头后发现,跨国公司尤其是欧洲公司,在招聘经理助理或行政秘书时特别强调星象。“他们在浏览应聘者简历时便已针对这一条件开始筛选了。应聘者通常并不知道被拒仅仅是因为自己的星座与这些主管不匹配罢了。”

However, experts in relevant fields hold different views on horoscopeism.
然而,相关领域的专家们却对“占星主义”持不同的观点。

"It is a bit preposterous," said Chen Xin, senior career consultant for Zhaopin.com. "The signs of the zodiac were once seen simply as part of small talk among young people, who were trying to get to know each other better. They have never been viewed as a good method of evaluating a person`s professional qualifications, character or personality. Not in an important way, at least."
智联招聘网的高级职业顾问陈新(音译)表示:“这似乎有点荒谬。星相曾一向被看作是年轻人闲聊的话题,可以更好地加深彼此的了解。但星象从未被认为是评定一个人专业技能、品格和性格的好方法,至少这不是一个重要的途径。”

However, for some employers, astrological signs are becoming a yardstick by which to assess potential employees. In November, an ad was posted on the campus of China University of Geosciences in Wuhan saying, "English teacher and secretaries wanted. Preferred candidates are Capricorn, Libra and Pisces. Virgo or Scorpio need not apply."
而对于某些雇主而言,星座正在成为他们评定未来雇员的新标准。去年11月,位于武汉的中国地质大学校园内惊现一则招聘广告:“招聘英语教师及秘书,优先考虑摩羯座、天秤座和双鱼座,处女座和天蝎座不予考虑。”

The recruitment manager of the institution said that in her experience, Virgos tend to be fussy and frequent job-hoppers. Meanwhile, the manager, surnamed Xia, said that Scorpios are tough and bad tempered, according to reports in the local media.
据当地媒体报道称,该机构的人事经理认为,以她的经验判断,处女座会比较挑剔,往往频繁跳槽。同时,这位夏经理也表示,天蝎座生性强硬,脾气较差。

The rapid development of new media, including the increasing number of people using smartphones and the proliferation of social networking sites, has resulted in easier and growing access to a vast reservoir of information about the horoscope.
由于新媒体的高速发展,再加上智能手机的普及和社交网络的兴起,人们可以更轻而易举地从多种渠道获得星相方面的海量信息。

Many people prefer to let the astrologicals be their guide, but remember that astrological signs are only a decoration for life, designed to provide encouragement during the darkest moments. Believe it or not, it is up to you.
许多人喜欢依照占星术行事,但记住一点:星相只是人生的点缀,用于在低潮时期鼓励自己。信与不信,选择在你!

来源:21英语网

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.