Views: 4041|Replies: 7

Two Chinese Naval Warships Have Arrived at Diaoyu Islands to Defend Them [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-11 14:36:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2012-9-11 14:37

China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs have announced China's map of its sovereign territory including Diaoyutai and the surrounding seas to a distance of 12 miles from their coastlines.  Today, reports indicate China's two naval warships have arrived at Dioyutai to defend China's sovereignty over the islands.  To follow would be routine survey and fishing activities on or around the islands, as is NORMAL for any sovereign country to do on its own territory.  

What Japan wants to do with its bogus claim of sovereignty is no longer China's concern.  

China has finally stood up to the Japanese Nazi bullies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 15:45:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 16:50:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2012-9-11 16:51
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-9-11 15:45
That is what I want China to be. Giving warnings and intended punitive action would not be taken ser ...

Japan's "nationalization" of a part of China is a de facto declaration of war on China.  The aggressor is unequivcably Japan, even before the first shot is fired.  Japan has de facto declared war on China.  

That is why it is ridiculous for China to accept a Japanese envoy to "exchange views" on how to preserve the peace.  This second peace offensive of Japan is intended to cause internal disagreement, division and paralysis in China's decision-making apparatus.  If Japan is sincere, it is all too easy for Japan to preserve the peace -- retract its nationalization of Diaoyutai.  It does not need any further Chinese input to do the obvious right thing.

Now that Japan has declared war on China, what remains to be seen is how Japan intends to fight it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-11 23:53:59 |Display all floors
Hey but what do I know, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 07:40:27 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 08:09:58 |Display all floors
The decision-makers in China of today have not fought the Sino-Japanese War of 1937-45, WWII, or the Korean War, so they are in a sense inexperienced on how to deal with making war on invaders.  For example, the two Chinese naval vessels were parked about 42 miles from the shoreline of Diaoyu island, far from the 12 mile perimeter of its sovereign territory.  Naturally, the Japanese defense minister told reporters that he has not noticed any Chinese vessels within Japan's sovereign waters.  Then, he issued the warning that Japan will not allow any foreign vessels into its sovereign waters.

Evidently, the Chinese side did not appreciate the big difference between parking its ships outside the sovereign territory of Diaoyu, and within it.  The former connotes fear, while the latter, strength.  Having paused outside the Japanese perimeter, these ships now have to suffer the indignity of being threatened instead by the Japanese, despite not having entered its own sovereign waters to protect the island.

Also, sending two ships is not persuasive, as modern naval warfare requires ships to work together in T- or L-formations in order to win and to survive any assault.  You cannot make any meaningful formation out of two ships.  If they get surrounded by even just three Japanese ships, they would be sitting ducks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-12 08:32:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.