Start time:
2012-9-6 14:20:00 to 2012-10-31 14:20 agreed on
Activity location:
Number of registered people:
1 Person
Registration is closed:
2012-10-31 14:20
Dear members,

Is there any recipe that can make you homesick?
Show us how to cook it and let us have a taste of your home, will you?

As our members come from all over the world, and every place has its own cuisine,  that'll be very interesting to learn how to cook others' authentic local food.

We're glad to invite you to be a teacher and show us how to cook your hometown recipe.

How to join:

1 Click "I want to join", and type in the recipe name in the message bar;
2 Reply to this post with pictures or videos to show your hometown recipe.

Have fun cooking

voice_cd

Passed (1 Person)

Leave a message Application date
WhiteBear

:)

2012-9-7 08:27:16

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-7 08:49:42 |Display all floors
Zalewajka - [spelling like... zealevaykea] - Polish soup, easy and traditional.

main ingredient is "żur" - (esence of polish borscht)
- to make essence for it (żur) You should put into big jar or ceramic pot: garlic, rye flour, and clean water, cover with clean cloth, and wait until it fermentate (few days)
(off course "żur" is also available ready-made in bottles, in every Polish shop)

how to make it? easiest thing in the world:
- cut potatoes in 2-3 cm bricks, and put into the pot at list 2-times bigger then amount of potatoes
- add cold water, or broth, and Polish forrest mushrooms, and some salt and pepper, and then boil until potatoes are almost ready, then you may add if You wish: fried in small pieces sausage or bacon, fried onion
- then You should add well mixed "żur" in amount that will make soup a little thick, and sour (it thickenes, when "żur" is boiled).

on the picture - I'm showing my own version of it, cooked with meatballs instead fried sausage or becon jpg__barszczozur.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-7 11:38:28 |Display all floors
I'm trying to imagine how potato/mushroom cream soup that's savory and at the same time, sour, would taste like…..

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-7 11:41:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2012-9-7 11:44
LoneAcorn Post time: 2012-9-7 11:38
I'm trying to imagine how potato/mushroom cream soup that's savory and at the same time, sour, would ...

go to Poland and try :)

or tell me when I can buy rye flour in China

Btw. this is not "cream" soup! Potatoes have to keep the shape, loosing only enough to make soul "a little creamy", also mushrooms (sliced) have to look like muschrooms...  (maybe it is not visible on that picture..., but I made it for differen purpose)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.