Views: 11108|Replies: 19

Banning beggars for city's outlook?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-29 11:02:32 |Display all floors
beggar.jpg

A new regulation issued by southern Chinese city in Guangdong stirs debate among public recently. One item of the regulation draft states that in order to maintain the clean and neat environment, begging won't be permitted in the public areas like stations, ports, docks, overbriages, parks and other scenic spots of Foshan City. What's your opinion on this issue?
Pro view (10)

Begging restriction would benefit the envrionment and lives of other civilians.

Con view (6)

It's unhuman regulation, beggars have their right to exercise begging or move freely.

Debater:1 ( Join )

Debater:2 ( Join )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 09:33:52 |Display all floors
shelter them first!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 09:34:45 |Display all floors
Coco.liu Post time: 2012-8-30 09:33
shelter them first!

good suggestion,but do you think they would provide shelter for those people? they would say lacking money and human resources.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 09:52:19 |Display all floors
i strongly against the regulation,the city's image is not  affected by the begging,but the culture,it is life not animal,if they could not find  stand space in the city,how can they live?go to rural area?NO! the regulation tells us our gov should do something for the disadvantaged groups.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 09:53:51 |Display all floors
I do feel sorry for some beggers like the little girl in the pic who are disabled ,but some of those are just going professional ,i came across the same begger three time in one day ,and i think he is perfectly capable of making a living .and many of them just wouldn't go away if you dont give them money .it is  disturbing .What is more ,i do know many kid beggers are controlled by gangs ,serious voilent crimes are involved .
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 09:55:57 |Display all floors
Although i send support to the pro view
I just stand the side to support the idea of making the city cultural and beauty
But for the really begging civilian, i hope they could be settled down from the public sponsor and government endorsement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-30 12:23:53 |Display all floors
I think most of beggars are cheats , but some of them were really need help,so our government must established entire welfare organization of society.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.