Author: desperado123

Smiling protestor throws plastic bottle at Japanese embassy   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-29 11:42:12 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-8-29 11:39
I disagree.

That smile tells the world she was happy doing what she had done.

The smile is because she knew what she did would attract attention and have her photo taken.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:42:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:43:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:43:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-8-29 11:37
Only the ones that sided with the invaders. This happens in every war.
You are out of touch with r ...

The Soviets?

I have to say I am surprised to hear you mention the CPC working with the invading Soviets to fulfil their goals ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:45:37 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-8-29 11:41
Mainly the British and Japanese. The KMT was backed by the west including the USA.
Why do you argu ...

I know the history, I just wanted you to confirm it for me.  The Japs had the advantage because Mao and the KMT were too busy fighting with each other.  Even though their homeland was being overrun by Nips.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-8-29 11:46:17 |Display all floors
changamullah Post time: 2012-8-28 19:43
The Soviets?

I have to say I am surprised to hear you mention the CPC working with the invading S ...

I am surprised that you didn't know that Russia was China's ally during the revolution.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-29 11:47:11 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-8-29 11:41
Mainly the British and Japanese. The KMT was backed by the west including the USA.
Why do you argu ...

Yes, indeed, why do you argue?

The CPC took the support of the Soviets. The same Russians who had a long long history of invading Chinese territory and with whom China actually fought battles on its own soil.

However, they don't mention this too much ... as this wouldn't play well with their story that it was the CPC who brought independence from the invading foreign powers to the common people.

'Mainly the British and the Japanese' is a rather naive statement. Why indeed do you argue when you know so little?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.