Views: 7200|Replies: 25

Baidu fires four for deleting posts   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-8 11:06:05 |Display all floors
Beijing police have detained three people working at Baidu Inc, the leading Chinese language Internet search provider, over allegations that they abused their positions and deleted forum posts in return for money.

The company confirmed that it had sacked the accused employees, along with a fourth person, who has not been included in the police investigation.

Baidu's professional ethics committee sent an e-mail to more than 16,000 staff members on Aug 1, saying four workers had made money by deleting posts on online forums under requests from other corporations.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2012-08/08/content_15650865.htm
Some would shiver at the news! {:soso_e113:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 11:10:50 |Display all floors
Shame, we can't forward this news to them like we do on the twitter-like weibo network.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-8-9 10:55:03 |Display all floors
This is so common in the USA its just ignored.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 16:29:48 |Display all floors
just the same as taobao did no long ago
baidu has made an advertisement through the action

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 16:41:54 |Display all floors
if google didnt like something, they dont delete it, they just put it on the 100th page of the search results, so no one would see it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 19:24:42 |Display all floors
ace_trixsta Post time: 2012-8-9 16:41
if google didnt like something, they dont delete it, they just put it on the 100th page of the searc ...

Google will not delete offensive posts / comments/ reviews etc at the request of corporations.

This is something I have a lot of experience in.  I spent years working with companies and dealing with bad reviews and slanderous websites.  Unfortunatley, there was not much help I could give them.

In google maps, people can leave business reviews.  Companies get all upset over bad reviews and sometimes even competitors will leave fake bad reviews just to edge out the competition.  They will not remove bad reviews.  No one will even take the request.  Believe me, I've tried countless times.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 20:00:56 |Display all floors
I think some are doing the same on this forum for their Anglo masters!
Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.