Views: 7372|Replies: 23

The VGA format 640x480 can produce a very good image. Check photo of my cat ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-7 19:18:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by macanese at 2012-8-7 19:20

This is a portrait of my cat "Teteia", she was stalking a bird in our garden. The photo was taken by a videocam, equiped with an aspherical optical zoom lens, se at 10X . The file was 640x480 (0.31MP) Check the image:

EXIF data
MakePanasonic
ModelVDR-M30
ISO100
Exposure comp-
SceneNormal
Flash usedFlash did not fire
Image resolution0.31 megapixels (640 x 480)
Capture time2003-12-24 09:34:59

Owner comments
A close-up of my cat, whose eyes were fixed on a bird in the garden. Taken with a Panasonic DVD-RAM camcorder model VDR-M30 at 640x480

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-7 21:04:11 |Display all floors
I have another very good example. Examine the image of my real thumbnail fingerprint, taken with the same camera, set at VGA (640x480). The quality in better than "very good".....the resolution for the 0.31MP file is excellent for a post card sized print. Here it is: http://www.facebook.com/photo.ph ... ;type=1&theater

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 01:04:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-8-8 01:06

Looks potentially tasty.
Please attach a picture of the whole Piece for further Evaluation.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 02:36:34 |Display all floors
Amazing detail for such low resolution. It goes to show that the megapixel game is just a sales gimmick by the camera manufacturers.

Most of my cameras are below ten megapixels and give excellent results. My SLR is still only six megapixels, but I see no need to change.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-8 21:12:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by warrigal at 2012-8-8 21:12
macanese Post time: 2012-8-7 21:04
I have another very good example. Examine the image of my real thumbnail fingerprint, taken with the ...

IF facerag was available here, I am positive I would have been most impressed with the unbelievably wonderful talent only you possssssssssess.
Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-8-8 21:37:24 |Display all floors
The detail are excellent.Look at her eyes!

Did you use a tripod or free on hand?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-9 00:09:56 |Display all floors
Nope hermit,
VGA-Resolution is sharp and nice at an Image Size that reflects VGA.

Increase the image Size to fullscreen - aaaaand it's gone.

Of course the Megapixels Number is not the only factor to Image Quality, can be quite a misleading one.
But the average Consumer does not really want to hear about all the details like the size of the chip itself and stuff - He wants a nice and handy figure for orientation.
And to some degree the Resolution does serve that purpose.

Of course chinese manufacturers of electronic waste are going to jump in to skim of the most ignorant, who really believe a small format camera with digital zoom only and a lense and chip as on some mobile phone camera but "20 MP" could snap pictures better than a 5 MP SLR. And some of the Customers will notice and become dissatisfied Customers who blame it on the Manufacturers who gave them what they wanted, or on whomever but themselves.
Their problem, both those Market Actors do at best possibly just deserve each other.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.