Views: 3975|Replies: 12

Chinese badminton players accused of match fixing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-8-2 09:11:54 |Display all floors
The worlds best womens team have been thrown out of the olympics for match fixing.

I hope the Chinese olympic committee come down hard on these chinese officials and sack them all. The olympic creed says that you play to the best of your ability and follow the code of sportsmanship. But not the Chinese!!!.

What an embarrassment for the Chinese badminton who are supposed to be the best. Perhaps not... just the best fixers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-2 10:07:41 |Display all floors
real embarrasment for chinese team. but this phenomenon long existing in china domestic competitions. the senior sports officers and coaches use athletes as a chessman play their gold medal game.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-2 10:13:56 |Display all floors
It's not only Chinese, there were also 3 other teams disqualified for not trying. None of these teams wanted to face the No 1 Chinese team, but sadly, their strategy seems to have backfired.

From my point of view, going into a game with no intention of winning is not sportsmanlike and every team or player should do their utmost in every game.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-2 22:35:30 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-8-2 10:13
It's not only Chinese, there were also 3 other teams disqualified for not trying. None of these team ...

I dont think they should have been disqualified. They were just preserving their strength for the next round. Nothing wrong with that.
It happens in footbal all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 08:26:05 |Display all floors
perryning Post time: 2012-8-2 22:35
I dont think they should have been disqualified. They were just preserving their strength for the  ...

Maybe in China.......................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 09:03:50 |Display all floors
They lost to win ,lose is win sometimes , why doesn't anybody accuse the International Badminton Federation of  misleading rules . , what makes players to act ? It never happened before ,all rules that make players benefit from losing their games are bad rules
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-8-3 09:10:54 |Display all floors
Chegsyboy Post time: 2012-8-3 08:26
Maybe in China.......................

Would your Anglo football team kick so hard in order to face Spain rather than China next round while you  already progresse from group stage
Whose @$$ can i blow sunshine up today ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.