Views: 30015|Replies: 210

Ye Shiwen: Supergirl or Doper?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-31 13:46:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wowzers at 2012-7-31 13:48

tiyudong.jpg

Chinese teen swimming sensation Ye Shiwen propels her way to a 400-meter IM Gold Medal in the London Olympics in world record time. Time for celebration or controversy?

"The Chinese team keep very firmly to the anti-doping policies, so there is absolutely no problem." said Ms. Ye prior to her world record performance

"In the 1990s, the Chinese did more drugs than Guns N’ Roses. Chinese swimmers have failed 40 drugs test since 1990. That’s three times as many as any other country.", claims David Whitley (Sporting News) . Of course, stuff that happened in the past is not proof that the same thing is happening today. It's the fact that Ms. Ye's final lap was faster than Ryan Locke's, 28.93 to 29.10 seconds, when he won the men's 400-meter IM Gold Medal that is rasing eyebrows.

"We were all talking about that at dinner last night," Lochte said. "It was pretty impressive. And it was a female. She's fast. If she was there with me, I don't know, she might have beat me."  John Leonard, executive director of the World Swimming Coaches Association, said Ye "looks like superwoman" added: "Any time someone has looked like superwoman in the history of our sport they have later been found guilty of doping."

“The accusations fired at Ye are out of line in this age of drug testing,” said John Lohn, a columnist for Swimming World. “Instead of dirtying her achievement with unfounded claims and doubts, it would be wise to appreciate a performance which was legendary."

Interviewed after her incredible performance,  Ms. Y had this to say, "I'm still young. After training I'm sure I'll be even better. This is a big step for Chinese swimming."

Blood samples are kept for eight years by the IOC. The war against doping goes on long after the closing ceremony.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 13:54:07 |Display all floors
7 seconds improvement in one year?

NO WAY!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 14:25:09 |Display all floors
frye.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 14:28:19 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-7-31 14:25
You can check my for size with your filty gwei lo mouth if you like!

Thanks, I need a toothpick.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 14:32:51 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-7-31 14:31
Yes, all my girls say I have the real manly thick juice.
Want a mouthful boy?

What? You force oral sex onto your own daughters?

You really are a vile pathetic slug.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 14:36:00 |Display all floors
But Ye Shiwen denied the allegations, telling reporters: "My results come from hard work and training and I would never use any banned drugs. The Chinese people have clean hands." (BBC)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-31 14:53:24 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-7-31 14:38
Oh, I didn't know I had a b@stard 'daughter' in you gay Chegsyboy?

and that just makes no sense at all.

Epic fail Tiny Todger. Try again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.