Views: 4264|Replies: 4

and can you tell me what life is? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-10 16:17:42 |Display all floors
what is life ?I don't know.and is there anybody know what life is?
someone said "life is like a box of chocolate,you never know what you gonna get."
I don't know what is he mean.and you?
what does he mean ?
and what is life?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-10 19:53:23 |Display all floors

Life is a chance

We're born to suffer. Life is a chance that presented before us awaiting us to be led to the right way to end this endless pain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-10 22:57:08 |Display all floors

Life is what u wanna be

LIfe is decided by ur attitude and ur thought.
What u think it will be like, it will be going so
So just try ur best to draw ur own way, ur own life:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 00:45:14 |Display all floors

A miracle and a mystery!

We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery.
H. G. Wells (1866 - 1946)

The truth is that all of us attain the greatest success and happiness possible in this life whenever we use our native capacities to their greatest extent.
Dr. Smiley Blanton

Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-11 03:30:45 |Display all floors

To: Wei_christie; what is life

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get”. Quoted by Tom Hanks in the movie “Forrest Gump”. What it means is; in life, you never know what surprise awaits you when you bite into it. Similar quotes are “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, “Beauty is only skin deep”.

What is life?“What ‘s it all about Alphie”?, "Uhhh, Don't Know";  In any case, take it one at a time and enjoy each one. The future is not a given, rather it develops according to your choices.

If you want to know what life is, this forum is insufficient for such topic. As I have once mentioned on another response, this question reminds me of a test question from Chicago University, “In a paragraph or less define the meaning of life”; hahaha.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.