Views: 4127|Replies: 9

Saudis compete with one another in aiding Syrians [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-27 19:08:18 |Display all floors

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Thursday 26 July 2012

Saudi philanthropists and businessmen competed with one another by offering generous donations in cash and kind as the amount collected by the National Fundraising Campaign for Syrians exceeded the SR 160 million mark Tuesday night.
        Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah launched the campaign on Monday by donating SR 20 million to the fund while Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, gave SR 10 million.

Al-Rajhi Bank announced a donation of SR 5 million to the fund. The bank commended King Abdullah for launching the campaign in support of Syrians facing oppression under the regime of Bashar Assad.
        According to a statement issued by Mobily, the cell phone operator’s clients donated SR 3.4 million to the fund by sending an SMS to the joint number of 5565. The company urged its customers to continue their donations for Syrians.
        NCB donated SR 2 million while Arab National Bank announced a donation of SR 1 million to support the campaign and SABB offered SR 1 million. “We donate SR 1 million to realize the noble objectives of this campaign,” said Khaled Al-Olayan, chairman of SABB.

Abdullah Al-Turki, secretary-general of the Muslim World League, urged international charitable organizations and NGOs to support the Syrians who are facing the worst form of oppression under Bashar Assad’s regime. He said more than 20,000 civilians have been killed and 100,000 injured in atrocities caused by regime forces while 400,000 people have been displaced. He commended King Abdullah for launching the campaign to mobilize funds to support the Syrians.
        Hussam Shaath, director of public relations at the Saudi Relief Committee, said relief work for Syrians would require more than SR 400 million, adding that it would help provide relief assistance to 500,000 people, distribute one month’s worth of food packets, and set up 50 clinics.

Meanwhile, a number of Syrians living in Saudi Arabia have commended King Abdullah’s gesture of calling for a fundraising campaign for Syrians. “I would like to meet King Abdullah and kiss his hand for this noble gesture,” said an academic who works at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah. He said about 85 percent of Syrians have been suffering from injustices committed by the present regime. He added that the country is dominated by Alawites who account for only 3.5 percent of the population.
        Mustafa Al-Rifae, a Syrian, said the campaign would contribute to alleviating the suffering of Syrian people. “The campaign comes at the right time when Syrians are facing their worst tragedy.”

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 19:10:00 |Display all floors
Aramco joins campaign to aid Syrians
Saudi Aramco has responded positively to the call from the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah to support the besieged people of Syria. Aramco, which has always been at the forefront of conducting humanitarian activities, has launched a campaign to generate funds for people who are facing the worst form of tyranny.

Through the campaign, Saudi Aramco employees will be able to donate to the national fund for Syrians.
In a letter to his employees, Saudi Aramco President and CEO Khalid Al-Falih urged them to take full part in the campaign and donate generously. "Aramcons are known for their large-heartedness and have taken a lead role in similar humanitarian campaigns in the past ... now is the time for them to come forward and help lessen the pain and suffering of the Syrian people," he said.

Saudi Aramco has developed an electronic-friendly donation system that enables employees to get the desired amount deducted from their salaries toward the Syrian campaign.
Al-Falih added that whatever amount the employees have donated, the company will match it riyal for riyal.

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 19:33:44 |Display all floors
1343230462232728800.jpg

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 19:36:26 |Display all floors
Land and jewelry among donations at fund-raiser

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Friday 27 July 2012

Donations for Syrians continued to pour in as the National Fundraising Campaign collected more than SR 200 million by early yesterday.
        Saudis and expatriates demonstrated their solidarity with their Syrian brethren by donating their valuables.
        Total cash donations amounted to SR 203.97 million on the campaign’s third day, excluding the value of donations-in-kind such as real estate, jewelry and vehicles.

The campaign was called by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah to help alleviate the suffering of Syrians. The king donated SR 20 million to the fund while Crown Prince Salman gave SR 10 million.
        Although the fund raising campaign continues until Friday at 3 a.m., managers said they would accept donations-in-kind until Monday.

“A Saudi in Unaizah in the Qassim region donated land worth SR 200,000,” said Khaled Al-Humaidi, director of Al-Birr Charitable Society in the city. His charity received donations worth more than SR 250,000 in cash in addition to jewelry and food.
        Regional governorates have made special arrangements for the campaign. In Dammam, more than SR 30 million was collected in the first hours.

A newly married Saudi woman donated the jewelry she received as mahr or dowry. “I cannot keep this jewelry while my brethren in Syria are in need,” the bride was quoted as saying.

Al-Rajhi Bank announced a donation of SR 5 million while NCB donated SR 2 million. The Arab National Bank and SABB gave SR 1 million each.

Hussam Shaath, director of public relations at Saudi Relief Committee, said relief work for Syrians required more than SR 400 million, adding this would provide relief assistance to 500,000 people, distribute food needed for one month and set up 50 relief clinics.

Meanwhile, Talal Mirza, chairman of the Makkah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, commended Saudis for responding to the call of King Abdullah and extending their generosity to the Syrian people. “There is nothing unusual in the expression of solidarity by Saudis toward their brethren in Syria. It is inspired by the teachings of Islam,” Mirza said.

Mazin Tunisi, deputy chairman of MCCI, expressed his hope the donations would alleviate the suffering of Syrians who are facing brutal oppression under Bashar Assad’s regime. He commended businessmen and women for their support of the campaign.

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 20:29:59 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2012-7-27 19:19
Saudi money walks, but Saudi fag9ot men keep stitting in their hot air-con made-in-USA 6 seater limo ...

Got money donate money
Got strength donate strength

How can sleepy pandas win?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 20:43:23 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-7-27 15:29
Got money donate money
Got strength donate strength

WELL SAID.

{:soso_e181:}

余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-27 23:00:06 |Display all floors
cjamesyee Post time: 2012-7-27 20:43
WELL SAID.

I like it when Arabs get together to solve Arab problems.

Sleepy pandas and gays are no morals, immorals.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.