Views: 5319|Replies: 0

姚明之后,林书豪在NBA和中国的路 [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-7-26 13:11:09 |Display all floors

上周二,林书豪再一次出现在人们的视线当中。这个大男孩还没有太多NBA的星相,但身上却已经散发出强烈的自信而沉稳的气质。
Last February, when Jeremy Lin emerged as a unique and unlikely NBA star, he exuded a striking mix of confidence and composure.

当然,林书豪并不是靠着自己单打独斗走到现在。他也坦承,自己就从NBA第一位亚洲巨星姚明那里得到了很多。在联盟奋斗的头一个半赛季里,林书豪与姚明已经非常熟络。他出现在姚明举办的慈善赛事中,闲暇时两人也会互相发发短信。而在刚刚结束的赛季里,林书豪几乎每晚都与姚明通电话。很显然,在从默默无闻到一跃成为光环笼罩的名人后,他有太多的喜悦与困惑要与人分享。这个人,姚明再适合不过。

But it was not as if he did so without support, and Lin said he got much of that from Yao Ming, the NBA's first Asian superstar. Lin, as he struggled in his first season and a half to stay in the league, became close to Yao, playing in charity events with him and exchanging text messages. As Lin tried to both enjoy and endure his sudden celebrity last season, he talked with Yao nightly.

“对我而言,他就是榜样和导师”。林书豪如此评价这位前辈。
“He’s a role model and a mentor to me,” Lin said at the time.

正是因为这层惺惺相惜的关系,当林书豪要在自由市场上的百万美元合同与对尼克斯队的忠诚之间做出选择,进而确定自己未来的方向时,他咨询了姚明。
So it was no surprise that as Lin figured out his future, seeking millions on the free-agent market while trying to remain loyal to the Knicks, he consulted with Yao.

“只有他才知道自己最想要什么”,在与中国媒体的电话访谈中,姚明淡化了自己对林书豪的指导作用。“他必须自己做出决定,我并不想影响他太多”
This time, Yao said, he was of only limited help.“Only he knew what he needed most,” Yao said in a telephone interview from China. “He had to make the decision on his own. I didn’t want to affect him too much.”

林书豪最终决定和姚明的前东家——火箭队签约,而尼克斯队并未阻拦,同意放行。这一交易令人震惊,在纽约引起了巨大的争议。
Lin’s decision to sign an offer sheet from the Houston Rockets, Yao’s former team, and the Knicks’ decision to let Lin go, set off a fierce debate in New York.

“我很高兴尼克斯队没有匹配合同”,在姚明看来,这是个理想的结果。“对杰里米来说休斯顿是个很好的去处,双方能够为对方提供最好的机会,这是一笔好交易。”
Yao, for his part, thought the outcome was ideal.“I’m so glad the Knicks didn’t match the contract,” Yao said. “Houston is a good place for Jeremy to come to. It’s a good fit because both sides can provide the best opportunity for each other.”

姚明有着自己的理解,他回忆起自己的经历时认为,休斯顿市场不大,却令他成为一个更好的球员。8年的NBA职业生涯里,76英寸的姚明作为当家中锋拿到了场均19分,9.2个篮板,1.9次抢断的数据,这一切都在火箭队取得。
Yao recalled that the environment in a smaller market helped make him a better player. In eight seasons, all with the Rockets, the 7-foot-6 Yao averaged 19 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks as a center.

“休斯顿有着很好的社区和球迷,媒体不多”姚明说,“这可以让我把精力集中在篮球上面,我想这是我打的不错的原因之一”。
“In Houston, we have a very good community and great fans,” Yao said. “With less media coverage, I think it made me focus more on basketball. I think that’s one reason I played so well.”

休斯顿同样对林书豪充满期待,他们希望这个拥有台湾华人血统的新星能够在中国产生巨大的影响力,就像姚明当年那样。
The Rockets hope that Lin, who is of both Chinese and Taiwanese descent, can continue the franchise’s popularity in China, for which Yao was responsible.

在因伤从NBA退役后,姚明转而从商,成为CBA上海大鲨鱼队的老板。自身对火箭队的熟悉让姚明对林书豪的前景充满乐观。“国人非常熟悉火箭队”,姚明说,“过去10年里,火箭队已经成为一个符号,现在这个符号将会继续下去。对于球迷来说这棒极了,我简直想象不出他们会有多么激动”。
“The people in China are very familiar with Houston,” said Yao, who, since retiring from the N.B.A. because of chronic injuries, has become the owner of the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association.“The Rockets have been a symbol here for the last 10 years, and now that can be continued. It’s great for people here. I can’t imagine them being any more excited than this.”

就在上周,NBA中国宣布与姚明建立合作,旨在帮助更多中国的年轻人参与到篮球运动中来。同时,举办年度训练营,以发现那些有天分的中国选手。姚明也认为现在国内对篮球的热情已经今非昔比,从来没有如此强烈过。
Last week, N.B.A. China announced a partnership with Yao to help raise basketball participation among youths in China while also holding an annual camp intended to develop elite Chinese players. Yao said passion for basketball in China has never been stronger.

“姚明激发了人们对篮球的兴趣,他也担负了巨大的信任”,NBA中国主管大卫舒米科谈到姚明的影响时说到,“现在人们对篮球的兴趣已经进一步成熟,超越了任何一个运动员或者一只队伍”。
“Yao absolutely triggered the interest in basketball, and a lot of the credit should go to him,” said David Shoemaker, the chief executive of N.B.A. China. “The interest in basketball has matured to where it goes
beyond any player or one team.”

CCTV5,中央台体育频道上赛季NBA直播的收视率较往年提高了21个百分点,中文网站页面与视频曝光率也创下新高。舒米科认为,林书豪加盟火箭不会带来负面影响,只会让这一切变得更好。
Ratings for N.B.A. games last season on CCTV5, the Chinese sports channel, were up 21 percent from the previous year, and page and video views on the league’s Chinese-language site reached new highs. Shoemaker said Lin certainly didn’t hurt.

“杰里米要做的就是进一步抓住这里球迷的心”,舒米科对此信誓旦旦,“我们即将看到胜利的果实,他的成功就是我们的成功”。
“What Jeremy has done has further captivated the hearts and minds of people here,” Shoemaker said. “We’re beginning to see the fruit of that. His success will continue our success.”

来源:译言网

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.