Author: expatter

Bengal: British Starve Millions   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-25 21:04:01 |Display all floors
So far what has become obvious that no one gives a flying-fart about these 3 million avoidable deaths through starvation 1943 -45  ........

No why is that  .....   ?

Especially as the forum is overflowing with humanitarians  ..........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 21:19:47 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-25 20:09
Well apparently the ones who joined the Japanese army did, or were the Japs an ally .........    ...
Well apparently the ones who joined the Japanese army did, or were the Japs an ally .........   ?

Well,few Indians sided with the Japs...mostly people longing for independence from Britain.Poor fellas...as if the Japanese would have treated them better after victory than the Brits. But anyway....some individuals made a "free choice"...but not the country,not the people. They had not a free choice since the British ruled. You can go on with "what if" the Indians this or that. They didn't,they couldn't Full Stop.

I think the deliberate starvation of 3 million men, women and children is 'industrial' in its scale and coincidentally about 50% of the number for the one you cite. It is murder to take a populations food and sell it as you implied to make money to become as rich as India at the end of a war.

Well,if you think so.I dare to differ as most other people surely will. I didn't say they sold the food so that India became rich.I meant it would be strange if the British paid for ammunition they got from India,invested in industries but wouldn't pay for the food.That isn't logical in my eyes.

Was it avoidable? Everything is avoidable in theory. But then we are again talking "what if".

The BBC showed it...well, the BBC show a lot of documentaries....even about Aliens,some discuss the possibility that Hitler escaped and lived in South America...credible German news stations show documentaries that show 9/11 from petera's perspective...believe it or not.But just to show the wide range of informations. It doesn't mean such documentaries are 100% true. It's just the opinion of the author.Being aired my the BBC doesn't make it true.

Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 21:23:09 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-25 20:33
Oh  ..............  

Free choice  .............

Well, there were even Dutch,French,Ukrainians etc fighting in the SS. So what? Few individuals.But did those countries/people as a whole have a real free choice? No! Being occupied you have no free choice to say "no,we don't take part in your war". Those in the Legion Freies Indien were also some poor fellas who believed Hitler would care and free India from British rule.The enemy of my enemy is my friend,eh?!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-25 21:43:43 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-7-25 21:19
Well,few Indians sided with the Japs...mostly people longing for independence from Britain.Poor  ...

Thank you ........

That is a good contribution and the first part really matters not in that it means that I have a solid key now for the fact that 'The British' were most definitely in charge. Therefore anything that befell the Bengalis was due to the British and no one else and now a proven fact ........

An important point in where this discussion might go and a great start  ........

Allocating 'blame' which will be discussed in the next part .........

Another key has also been established here is that the British (probably) paid for the food and again this is another important point and therefore worth the push on this and establishes another qualified known  ...........

Was it avoidable? Everything is avoidable in theory. But then we are again talking "what if".

I am also going to keep this idea for later as it may well be pertinent in further development issues of the topic  .......

As to the resource it is exceptionally lazy of you not to Google 'Amartya Sen' the Nobel Laureate,  and you will have the answer, and the tactic of trying to undermine the source will not work.

I knew that would be the first place the boys would go to trash the article   ..............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 21:47:11 |Display all floors
Alex2010 Post time: 2012-7-25 21:23
Well, there were even Dutch,French,Ukrainians etc fighting in the SS. So what? Few individuals.But ...

Thanks ..........

I was trying to establish another point and I may have used that as a distraction  .......

You are right different people make different choices and many of the Indians who served Germany and Japan actually were at one point POWs of those nations .....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 21:50:13 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-25 20:45
Well .........

I always said he did post some interesting articles at times  ........

This is a post filled with its own brand of bias and hatred.

But don't stop now ...  you have so much truth to tell ...

Well, at least one side of the truth, whether it be Mao, the Brits or any other subject you care to 'discuss'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 21:54:07 |Display all floors
changamullah Post time: 2012-7-25 21:50
This is a post filled with its own brand of bias and hatred.

But don't stop now ...  you have so  ...

Too much truth in one day  .........   Eh ! ...........   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.