Views: 2613|Replies: 1

Red Herrings. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-24 14:05:17 |Display all floors
Red Herrings.

All these discussions about Mao are just Red Herrings.

They are no longer relevant to modern China.

Modern China can be divided into two periods
  1949 to 1976
  1976 to present.

The excesses and mistakes of the 1949 to 1976 era ( known popularly as the Mao Era) have been officially recognised and accepted.

But, what about the excesses and mistakes of the post 1976 era ( popularly known as the Deng era) ?

No body can talk about that freely. Still.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-24 14:19:09 |Display all floors
After more than 30 years, surely it is time for a reassessment of the excesses and mistakes of the Deng Era.

The reassessment is urgent, it s needed because Reforms have hit a Brick Wall. Sooner or later, the Deng Era must come to an end.

Until today, no one has the power or permission to reassess the post 1976 Era.

Do we need another palace purge before we can do a proper reassessment of the post 1976 Era?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.