Author: expatter

Mao: The Unknown Story (Jung, Halliday) …....   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-27 19:01:05 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-27 16:29
The famous diversion tactic  ..........

Let's rewind  ............

This is such a good thread, shame that you have idiots who comes on here with narrow

minds, and tries to derail your intentions to reveal the truth.

I didn't notice this thread before, must have been just before I joined.

I liked the way that you use Gavin Menzies, and David Irving's to rebut them,

I was  quietly amused. Then there was that frequent phrase, Prometheus

likes to use "the end justifies the means", only this time, he attaches it to you.hahaha

I mean does he think that we have a short memory, he uses that phrase in other debates

concerning modernization by the west. Oh what a fool he must be feeling now.

They like to think of themselves as intellectual, but they will never achieve that if they don't

have open minds.

Thanks for the original translation of what Mao had said.

Those two clowns should get a job on Fox news, they always shout down guests of

the show , when they don't like what the interviewee is saying, they seem to

have a lot of common traits there.

You've done a good job on the topic, the clowns must be feeling sore after

this lesson that you dished out on them.hahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-27 19:09:05 |Display all floors
honkam Post time: 2012-12-27 19:01
This is such a good thread, shame that you have idiots who comes on here with narrow

minds, and  ...

Many thanks .........

I have just prepared a list of where the main rebuttals are replete with page and post number  .......

If anyone is interested they can easily check back to the main points which are drowned in a sea of spam  .......

There were 17 main points and so far only 14 have been covered in 141 pages due to the garbage posted to destroy the thread. The points are from one author and I have several more authors opinions which if the thread is not drowned again or stopped I hope to post in the next few days  ..........

Cheers  ...........      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 19:13:48 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-27 19:09
Many thanks .........

I have just prepared a list of where the main rebuttals are replete with pa ...

I have been reading most of what you have posted on this subject, bye passing the

clowns obviously , will be looking forward to more, when you have the time.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-27 19:19:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-12-28 00:52

For those who wish to find the salient points in this thread here are 17 anomalies which show that Jung and Halliday have stretched the credible limits of the actual events and distorted them to create in some cases myths. Supplied is the page number and post number in this thread   ……..

1.The Purge in the Ruijin Base                        P.22                #138
2. Chiang Let the Reds Go (I)                        P.24                #141
3. Chiang Let the Reds Go (II)                        P.24                #144
4. The Fake Battle at the Luding Bridge                P.27                #158
5. Mao Carried through the Long March                P.36                #212
6. Mao Did Not Fight Japanese                        P.48                #286
7. The Trap for the New 4th Army                P.51                #303
8. Mao Sacrificed His Brother Tse-min                P.72                #430
9. The Rectification Campaign                        P.79                #473
10. Opium Sale                                                P.83                #493
11. 3 Million Deaths in 1950-51                        P.92                #548
12. 27 Million Deaths in Jails/Labor Camps        P.100        #596
13. The Superpower Program                        P.100        #597
14. 38 Million Deaths in 1958-61 (1)                P.104        #622
14. 38 Million Deaths in 1958-61 (2)                P.111        #662
14. 38 Million Deaths in 1958-61 (3)                P.111        #665
15. 3 Million Deaths in 1966-76                        Not done yet
16. Mao’s Aim of the Cultural Revolution          Not done yet
17. Moa Compared to Hitler                             Not done yet

One of my very favourites is this one:  

In MUS p.465, JC tell us that ...........

“In order to save money on health, the regime resorted to schemes like hygiene drives, which called for killing not only flies and rats, but in some areas also cats and dogs, although, curiously, it never extended to cleaning up China’s stinking and pestiferous, toilets, which survived uncleansed throughout Mao’s reign."

Yet isn’t it Jung Chang who tells us that there were those who when they disagreed with the Party were forced to clean toilets …………..

I wonder whether she meant, “all the toilets in China were cleaned, and many times” ……….      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 19:25:16 |Display all floors
honkam Post time: 2012-12-27 19:01

minds, and  ...

Once again your english comprehension skills have let you down. Both times when I have previously mentioned 'the ends justify the means' I have mentioned Mao and stated that I do not use that philosophy. I used it to show you that many people here justify Mao in that fashion and that one can also justify colonisation that way as well. I am happy for your 'open mind' but can you please at least fully try and comprehend what I write before commenting. It will make debates much better.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 19:29:34 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-27 19:25
Once again your english comprehension skills have let you down. Both times when I have previously  ...

yes , you were MISQUOTING Mao.

Go and get a job with Fox news , you are welcomed there,hahahaha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-27 19:29:57 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-12-27 15:24
Oh  .......   !

Mea culpa .........

You attacked me as if I was justifying colonisation that way, when I was really trying to point out that people who excuse Mao for the 'ends' can also excuse colonisation for the ends as well. I'm sure you are like me however and disagree with that philosophy.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.