Views: 33042|Replies: 232

Syria conflict: West 'appalled' by Russia China UN veto   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-7-20 04:11:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rot at 2012-7-20 13:42

19 July 2012 Last updated at 19:59 GMT - BBC News

Russia and China have vetoed a UN Security Council resolution proposing further sanctions on Syria, prompting an angry Western response.

The UK, US and France said the UN had failed the people of Syria.
Syrian troops have been mobilised to oust rebels from parts of Damascus, after a bomb killed three senior figures in the defence establishment.
State TV has broadcast the first images of President Assad since the attack, standing with the new defence minister.
The footage appeared to show Gen Fahd Jassim al-Furayj, chief of staff of the armed forces, being sworn into his new post. It was not clear where the meeting had taken place.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:13:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-7-20 04:16

"appalled"?
do they mean shocked and owed*?

*Before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, officials in the United States armed forces described their plan as employing shock and awe
Shock and Awe (technically known as rapid dominance) is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight. The doctrine was written by Harlan K. Ullman and James P. Wade in 1996 and is a product of the National Defense University of the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:16:57 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rot at 2012-7-20 13:44

Well done Russia and China!

This is the only way to stop the West's push on their global hegemony.
These Western vultures will not stop till all the Arab oil are diverted to their western refineries.
Stopping their thieving hands on their Arab resource grab is the best policy for both Russia and China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:17:31 |Display all floors
rot Post time: 2012-7-20 04:16
Well done Russia and China!

This is the only way to stop the West's push on their global hegemony.

well done indeed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:21:53 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-7-20 04:13
"appalled"?
do they mean shocked and owed*?

Russia should tell Assad to 'request' openly for Russian military assistance to save the independence of the soverign state of Syria.
Only a blind man will not see the 'rebels/opposition' of the Syrian Government are but CIA funded foreign mercernaries with the sole aim to carry out Washington's regime changing policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:23:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rot at 2012-7-20 13:51

Assad should take off his kid gloves on the foreign invaders; NATO, Turkish, Saudi and Qaatari funded western mercernaries.
Destroy them and show no mercy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-20 04:54:31 |Display all floors
And how long can your hero the Assad survive?

6 months? Can he survive 6 months?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.