Views: 3433|Replies: 27

Olympics Who Will Get the Medals ........ [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-17 13:31:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by expatter at 2012-7-17 13:33

With the Olympics just a couple of weeks away in Londonistan and the rain reminding many why they talk about the weather so much in Britain, it is time to be ready for this international event and take stock.

Although there are suddenly fears over the security and the army has been called up to cover the shortfall, these games are set to make a whole nation proud and maybe become one of the greatest games ever, whilst ironically set against the back-drop of austerity of the down-turn since the 2008 financial crash.

Both the Queen's Jubilee and these upcoming games have lifted the spirits of the Brits and have become a focus of nationalism with thousands of 'made-in-China' Union Jack flags and commemorative mugs and other such ubiquitous tacky memorabelia.

Will those Brit Olimpiads in Londonistan out shine the world and keep the loins-share of the much needed gold, or will China, the USA and Russia leave them a poor fourth even with all that fervour and effort?

So time to get down to the bookies and place your bets as to who will lead the medal table.  Will all that nationalism and pride do the same for Londonistan in 2012 as it did for Beijing in 2008?

Time to find out how many golds for the host  ..............

Faites vos jeux madames et messieurs  ..........................        {:soso_e104:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-7-17 14:28:13 |Display all floors
OK in 2008 ................

Gold medals .........

China    51
US       36
Russia   23
UK       19

Medals in total .......

US        110
China     100
Russia      72
UK          47

Will there be a change in this given that the venue is Londonistan .............      

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 13:59:16 |Display all floors
OK  ..........

Surely it is time to start thinking about who will win the most medals  .........

Will it be the UK this time  ..........    ??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 20:43:50 |Display all floors
Well expatter, fourth in Beijing was actually a massive achievement when you consider that the UK got 1? gold medal in 1998.

The country that actually does better than any other per capita though is Australia. Damn smug Aussies ;)

However, if the UK get even close to its Beijing medal tally i'll be happy. The position of the top two, US and China probably wont change though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 20:48:36 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-7-25 20:43
Well expatter, fourth in Beijing was actually a massive achievement when you consider that the UK go ...

I was just wondering today whether the new 'dope' testing program is to try and whittle down certain .........

Ahem .........     

Asian medals  ..........   

Watch that spot eh! ........

Good luck mate  ...........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 20:56:22 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-7-25 20:48
I was just wondering today whether the new 'dope' testing program is to try and whittle down certa ...

Nah i'm sure Asian athletes are no more likely to pop naughty pills than anyone else, they just have a huge reserve of people from which to draw talented athletes and the money to invest in them! :)

Looking forward to it anyway. I've never seen the relay run with an umbrella before. Its going to be the first Olympics where the rowing can take place in the stadium lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-25 20:57:51 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-7-25 20:56
Nah i'm sure Asian athletes are no more likely to pop naughty pills than anyone else, they just ha ...

I've never seen the relay run with an umbrella before. Its going to be the first Olympics where the rowing can take place in the stadium  ..............

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.