Views: 64549|Replies: 94

Rules for girls meeting their online boyfriend in real life. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-7 11:38:05 |Display all floors
Ladies,
So, you think you have found that special person on the net.
You are attracted to him, he makes you laugh, he makes you feel special.
There may be the promise of love. He could be your soul mate.

Now you feel ready to make that next big move to finally meet him face to face in real life.

But is this safe?
Is he really what he seems?
Are his intentions truly honourable?
There are many horror stories of disastrous meetings. Only a few are successful.

I present to you some essential safety rules for meeting this person you think you know so well, but in fact is still a stranger in many ways.

1. Your online relationship must be at least 9 months old.
2. You need to have had long conversations with him on the telephone.
3. You have his personal contact details. I.E. His own phone numbers and his residential address.
4. Your first real life meeting MUST be in a public place where there are other people around. Stay there, do not go anywhere private with him at any stage.
5. Take a trusted friend with you to the meeting. This friend can stay at a distance from you, but must be able to see you.
6. Tell the man you are meeting to bring an official document of identification with him. Preferably something with a photo of him so you can validate he is actually who he says he is. If it is a foreigner you are meeting, get him to bring his passport (this is also good for checking if he lied about his age). Do not be afraid to write down his details.
7. Your second and third meeting should also be in public places.
8. If he objects to any of these rules, DO NOT TRUST HIM.

These rules are designed for your safety!
Think with your head and not your heart when taking this big step in your relationship.
Good luck!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 15:57:00 |Display all floors

Wow

Great. Although I have never made friends in cyberspace, your post is sitll of much value for me meeting people who I don't know well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 16:20:48 |Display all floors

Alter!

Safety is most important for us especially to girls!I think ereryone who wants to meet with the friends known in internet should think more ! I have a little English ,so if I have some wrong ,plesae excuse me ! thank you !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 16:23:56 |Display all floors

great

safety comes first, especially for the girls full of dreams. they are young. they lack experience of social contacts. the sociaty is full of tricks and deceives. they must be more carefull when meeting  a person who you have not seen before. maybe these rules are troublesome. but it is worth paying attention to. we can pursue rommace. but we should not forget the safety. i hope more girls have read your article.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 16:24:07 |Display all floors

Sound Advice

Brad,

You offer some very sensible advice about girls meeting men they've met through the Internet.

However, the suggestion about having known the man they're meeting "for 9 months"; could you explain why you've advocated this length of time ?

Best Wishes,

Johnners

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 18:29:46 |Display all floors

Rules for girls meeting their online boyfriend in real life.

Gentelman, Kid and etc
So, you think you have found that special person on the net.?
You are attracted to them, they make  you laugh, they  make you feel special.
There may be the promise of love.They  could be your soul mate.

Now you feel ready to make that next big move to finally meet thier face to face in real life.

But is this safe?
Are really what they seem?
Are thier intentions truly honourable?
There are many horror stories of disastrous meetings. Only a few are successful.

I present to you some essential safety rules for meeting this person you think you know so well, but in fact is still a stranger in many ways.

1. Your online relationship must be at least 9 months old.
2. You need to have had long conversations with them on the telephone.
3. You have thier  personal contact details. I.E. Thier own phone numbers and thier residential address.
4. Your first real life meeting MUST be in a public place where there are other people around. Stay there, do not go anywhere private with them at any stage.
5. Take a trusted friend with you to the meeting. This friend can stay at a distance from you, but must be able to see you.
6. Tell the man you are meeting to bring an official document of identification with them. Preferably something with a photo of them so you can validate they are actually who they say they are . If it is a foreigners you are meeting, get them to bring thier passport (this is also good for checking if they lied about thier age). Don抰 be afraid to write down thier details.
7. Your second and third meeting should also be in public places.
8. If they objects to any of these rules, DO NOT TRUST THEM

These rules are designed for your safety!
Think with your head and not your heart when taking this big step in your relationship.
Good luck!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-7 19:01:33 |Display all floors

Love can stand the test of time.

As Johnners has observed, most of my rules are basic commonsense.
Although my rule regarding the 9 month courtship period, might have the appearance of a randomly selected number

There is no scientific formula. I base my 9 months rule on my experience and what I have witnessed during my years online. It is as simple as that. People who meet sooner than that have a very high failure rate.

You will have to trust me on this ladies, It fits well with my other rules. If any man wants to fast track a meeting with you it should set off alarm bells in your head.

Men who are unwilling to spend at least 9 months online getting to know you, are likely to have dishonourable intentions.

This might seem tough for you men. But guys, isn't she worth waiting for?
Remember, these rules are aimed at the girl's safety, not at the man's agenda.

Footnote:  I should mention that there will be times when this rule will work in the man's favour.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.