Author: expatter

Han Prosperity and Foreign Decline in China.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-28 20:11:31 |Display all floors
Thank you expatter for this thread.

China had been the world's strongest country for most part of the past 2000 years of the world history, there is no reason China can not become one again.

However China's current per capita GDP is still of the level of a 3rd world country. Many people are still very poor. We still have a long way to go to become a real country of affluence.  

{:soso_e181:}

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-28 20:59:57 |Display all floors
My how European sounding these Chinese are ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    {:soso_e120:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 22:47:53 |Display all floors
Enligthening thread.

I don't know how the western audience view ancient Chinese technology development before.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-28 22:57:55 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-6-28 22:47
Enligthening thread.

I don't know how the western audience view ancient Chinese technolo ...

Yes ..........

An interesting angle .........

Seems that Han in history have been able to manage better without foreigners  .........   

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 23:18:47 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-28 22:57
Yes ..........

An interesting angle .........

But I agree with a view of Chinese leader...

That China missed the industrial revolution... it's the beginning of the decline.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 23:23:20 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-6-28 23:18
But I agree with a view of Chinese leader...

That China missed the industrial revolution... it's  ...

Yes the Ming were proactive Han when it came to foreigners  .........

But the Qing were anti-foreigner even though they were foreign to China  ...........

The relationship between the Qing and the west held China back ............  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-28 23:34:18 |Display all floors
The first real period of this was the occupation of China by the Mongols in the Yuan Dynasty where innovation declined.

China occupied by the Mongols?! Nooo way. I know lots of Chinese who will tell ya the Yuan Dynasty was a 100% genuine Chinese dynasty since Mongols are Chinese too....as well as that's why Inner Mongolia and and and and and belong or should belong to China.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.