Author: expatter

Syria Shoots Down Turkish F4 Plane ............   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-23 13:55:52 |Display all floors
wisdom_pang Post time: 2012-6-23 10:15
So according to the US's poodle, the Syrian defense missile battery tracked crossed into Turkey an ...

The flight was no doubt a provocation to the Syrian military.

Turkey, buoyed by current economic growth, will not miss an opportunity for territorial gain regardless of cost.

The return of the Ottomans aided by the West, as in the case of Kosovo, seems all too feasible by the day.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:04:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-23 12:58
Wah! 500'000 Golanian Syrians now? That means the 30'000 or so Kuneitrahnians must have had sex li ...

well i believe it is 500000 prove me wrong ziotrash.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:13:09 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-6-23 13:41
The reports I read do not confirm that Turkey admitted violating Syria's airspace, only that the p ...

The Syrian military has announced that it shot down a Turkish fighter jet that was flying over its “territorial waters.”

According to a military statement issued on Friday, the F-4 Phantom was downed in Syrian territorial waters west of the village of Om al-Tuyour in Lattakia province, 10 kilometers from the beach, Syria's official news agency SANA reported.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:21:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by baofeng at 2012-6-23 14:21
TheHermit Post time: 2012-6-23 13:55
The flight was no doubt a provocation to the Syrian military.

Turkey, buoyed by current economic  ...

Yes, you're correct- that it went down in Syrian waters has been established, although the chances are that it was already in Syrian airspace before being taken down.

Either way, a low-flying F4 (capable of flying at mach 2.2 and of carrying nuclear bombs) heading to Latakia would invite a Syrian response... what other reason would Turkey have for doing that?

PanARMENIAN.NET – June 22, 2012

Turkey’s military says it has lost contact with one of its aircraft over the sea close to the border with Syria, BBC News said.

Turkish media said the plane, an F-4 jet, crashed in Syria or Syrian territorial waters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:26:50 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-6-23 14:13
The Syrian military has announced that it shot down a Turkish fighter jet that was flying over its ...

SMITHI I am in no doubt that the Turkish fighter jet was trespassing, all I am saying is that Turkey only admitted to the plane crashing in Syrian waters. There is a difference, as Turkey may claim an unprovoked attack by the Syrian military.

We shall have to wait and see how this plays out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:42:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-23 14:28
He threatened and manhandled Arab reps; he did the same to UN personnel; he harasses his own people  ...

did he threatened GW Bush daddy like Saddam?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-23 14:43:23 |Display all floors
baofeng Post time: 2012-6-23 14:21
Yes, you're correct- that it went down in Syrian waters has been established, although the chances  ...

The fact that Turkey sent an aged F4 on that mission is revealing.

They did not want to risk losing an F16.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.