Views: 3913|Replies: 33

Chinese Fotball Playing Monks set for World Cup ...... ? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-7 20:39:17 |Display all floors
The bewildering face of China Tuesday 05 June 2012

High tackle

A group of monks from China may well have found the solution to poorperformance on the football pitch - Kung Fu.

Recently, Shaolin Temple - the Mecca for Kung Fu in China - established atraining base to combine Kung Fu and football together.

40 young monks wereselected and are being taught the beautiful game by several retired Chinesefootball players.

One coach commented: "They have superb physical qualities and they arelearning things very quickly".

Head of training Shi Yanlu added: "Kung Fu has a lot of similarities withfootball.

"Right now China's football performance is really disappointing. We hopeby combining Kung Fu elements and spirit Chinese football can performbetter."

Yanlu said the temple has 2,000 young monks and once the first 40 have beentrained they plan to select another batch of football-crazy monks.

Shaolin-football.jpg

Wow! Can Kung-fu make the difference .........  ?

Watch out for those illegal kicks as they could be lethal ............      {:soso_e122:}

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 21:42:14 |Display all floors
I think China prefers to buy referees..............hahahaha
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-7 21:59:52 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-6-7 21:42
I think China prefers to buy referees..............hahahaha

Are you saying that they are like Italians in football and Indians in cricket    ...............  ?             

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 23:00:12 |Display all floors
A good try. But I don't have much trust in those Shaolin monks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 23:06:58 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-6-7 23:00
A good try. But I don't have much trust in those Shaolin monks.

Coincidentally ..........

The score in rugby is 'a try'  ............

But it would still be nice if China could try with football and do well .........   

Even if they had to IP Man their opponents  ...........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 23:11:52 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-7 23:06
Coincidentally ..........

The score in rugby is 'a try'  ............

I hope so too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-7 23:36:08 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-7 21:59
Are you saying that they are like Italians in football and Indians in cricket    ...............   ...

You dont know much about the game in China, do you?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.