Author: expatter

Mao and Ben Gurion .........   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-6-8 12:46:43 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-8 12:43
Maybe  .........

The analogy is about the events of 1948 and 1949 ........
How would they react if China did the same with the PLO against Israel their favourite  ......... ?

wow , finally i got it.

good thread carry on

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 12:49:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2012-6-8 12:59
seneca Post time: 2012-6-8 12:45
I haven't heard of ANYONE PUBLICLY CALLING FOR TIBETAN    i n d e p e n d e n c e !

Sorry, no. N ...

jew senator Lantos did it few times and i'm sure behind a curtains you do too.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 12:53:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-8 12:45
I haven't heard of ANYONE PUBLICLY CALLING FOR TIBETAN    i n d e p e n d e n c e !

Sorry, no. N ...

You have never heard of the Dalai Lama and the Strasbourg Proposals  ...............  ?

You have never heard of a clique who live in India and host several websites and print publications .........  ?

You have never seen articles from western sponsored media suggesting that this is a must  ......... ?

All supported by the US  ............

You have never seen the declarations put forward by American Congress on this matter  ........... ?

Yet, in the past you seemed to have taken a very knowledgeable view on this matter  .......

You should look it up and luckily it is readily available on the internet ........

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-8 23:17:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-8 19:35
Expatter:

the Chinese thought coppers fear the truth and words that might be at odds with the off ...

Well ..........

I very much appreciate the tone of your answers and I need time to correlate a reciprocal reply  .....

However, I have early doors tomorrow in Beijing Airport for I have to go to a Chinese town near the  N. Korean border for a few days  .....

I will have my latest gadget with me, which although it is orthographically challenged when it comes to productive pursuance of typography, I hope that I will be able to composit a suitable reply for which I have already planned  .........

Later  .......

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-9 10:43:10 |Display all floors
Where do you research your information?
Tibet has always maintained a distinct cultural, religious, linguistic and ethnic identity, and this is proof enough to support its claims to independence.
Throughout history dating back to Tang Dynasty and most recently Ming Dynasty there was a "marriage of convenience" in political relations.
Neither nation adopted the other. Previous cross border incidents occurred century after century until 1949/1950 when China's leader's decided it was time to bring the nation of Tibet into it's political influence.
This was solely a counter measure to the US support in Korea since China chose to involve itself in 2 wars not just one at the Korean border. Mao thought the US was going to attack China from the south. His fears where just that fear with no substance.

China and Tibet obviously benefit from each other. The semi-transparent relationship of SoftPower" is simply a monetary and goods benefit package while behind the back is a dagger of discontent if the benefit package is not accepted as is.

The way to a nations heart is through their mouth . Even if food has to be stuffed down their throat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-11 15:02:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-8 19:35
Expatter:

the Chinese thought coppers fear the truth and words that might be at odds with the off ...

The main idea or tenet of this thread is the disparity by the media in relation to the 1948 Palestine events and the 1949 China events, and how these two have been so disproportionately represented in the ‘western media’.

“Anyway, the DL didn't call for "independence" in Strasbourg. You must have been misinformed. This happens to members of the most intelligent families somtimes, you know.”

This idea of the Dalai Lama and whether he called for ‘independence’ is a matter of how one views it. Certainly, he did not call for independence in the Strasbourg Proposals, and I do not believe that I stated that. He has however on many occasions (despite his talk of autonomy) discussed in many speeches (available if necessary) the support of the independence of the Tibetan people and their struggle against the ‘oppressors’.

From your article:
Mr. Wangdi said the Chinese objected to the composition of the team the Dalai Lama had proposed sending to formal talks. The Chinese also say that the Dalai Lama's suggestion that Tibet become an associated state of China - it is now called an autonomous region - was unacceptable.

The bone of contention there is obviously, ‘an associated state of China’, which is an ambiguity in the first place, and again as you say “..misinformation. Which can happen to members of the most intelligent families”.

The D L merely asked publicly that Deng Xiaoping cut back on the Draconian emergency rule that at that time was being exercised over the region, and that he enter into negotiations with members of the D L group.

This is where you have completely ignored the Strasbourg Proposals.

The main ideals in this were:

1)        The whole of the Tibet region, some 25% of China’s land surface and not just the original small part (inner Tibet) where Lhasa is, and being the original much smaller 1949 fiefdom of the Dalai Lama.

2)        The complete withdrawal of all PRC military units.

3)        The complete withdrawal of all Han people from the region.

I do not think you have to come from an ‘intelligent’ family to see that these are ridiculous and impossible claims. As for the latter, no one in the countries which support the Dalai Lama would ever take seriously or even consider the idea of removing their own selected settled immigrants based on a whim. Their very own human rights organizations would have a field day with something akin to ‘Pakis go home!’

Here is a snippet from a speech in Assembly:

March 10, 1961: "The Tibetan people reasserted their Tibetan independence... I appeal to the sponsors and to the Assembly to get the Chinese to vacate their aggression and to help restore the independence of Tibet."

"Restore the independence of Tibet” ?

Now ............

I think that is a pretty clear call for that same independence ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-11 21:19:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-6-11 20:54
It seems to me you are BACKTRACKING now from your erstwhile contention. The word "independence" wa ...

I would agree that post Strasbourg he seemingly dropped the word ‘independence’.

IF YOU WANT TO BLAME THE WESTERN MEDIA ABOUT ANY "DISPROPORTIONATE" REPORTING, I want to blame the CHINESE MEDIA for disproportionate  rehashing uninspiring, opaque official statements bereft of any significance. If they feel they have  to suppress news coming out of Tibet they must not count on anyone's pity when news reporters speculate about the real news. DItto for the 19 89 events! The behaviour of the Chinese powers-that-be is childish: if a pipeline leaks it's useless to tape some band-aid over the gap. You need to go back to the source and investigate the damage.

Fortunately, that is not the topic of this thread and I am sure it would make a good separate post .......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.