Author: expatter

Who has the Best or Worst National Anthem in the World ………. ?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-5 14:14:01 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-6-5 05:52
not as good as Baa Baa Black Sheep, NZ's unofficial anthem

I have many colleagues from both Aussie and NZ and the friendly banter is part of the culture  ..........

I would say that I was unaware that that particular nursery rhyme was considered in that way and perhaps the places I went to in Aussie were more sophisticated than those you know .........

I will have to check that out later with some friends and colleagues  ............

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-6-5 14:14:27 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-6-5 05:56
Baa Baa black sheep is banned here, its not PC

And the goilliwog .............   
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-5 17:50:46 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-6-5 07:56
Baa Baa black sheep is banned here, its not PC

"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-6-8 23:18:42 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-6-5 16:14
I have many colleagues from both Aussie and NZ and the friendly banter is part of the culture  ... ...
I will have to check that out later with some friends and colleagues  ............

be my guest
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.