Views: 5053|Replies: 28

China to become world's largest consumer market   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-29 04:00:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 05:17:52 |Display all floors
This "ain't" rocket science is it, considering the size of Chinas' population.
Without wishing to be a doomsayer, will this still apply as China's economy shows signs of a slowdown. I can see troubled times ahead realistically.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 07:01:05 |Display all floors
I don't understand - America's consumption level is at 14 billion US-Dollar as of 2011 - how can China be the world's largest consumer with 5 billion US-Dolalr in a few years then?

Perhaps this article was mistranslated - probably, Chen meant something else. I do believe that if China really steps forward to beef up consumption, it can reach 5 billions by 2015 - but I don't see in which way this should be the largest in the world. Any idea?

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-29 09:14:25 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-5-29 08:01
I don't understand - America's consumption level is at 14 billion US-Dollar as of 2011 - how can Chi ...

America's GDP stands at 14b USD, not the consumption level, whereas China's stands at 7,4b USD.

Your figures are outdated or odd.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-29 10:54:20 |Display all floors
Biggest consumerism market, indeed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 00:54:28 |Display all floors
China can consume all the garbage they want; and they can buy all the great things non-chinese invent.  It does not make China a first-world nation.  Chinese are simple-minded folk: can't invent anything worthwhile: they can only send out millions around the world, like the stupid ants do, to go around and collect other people's ideas, and bring them back to the queen of the hive.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-31 07:43:36 |Display all floors
I don't foresee how this will occur as 80% of the population can't afford or are not interested in purchasing high priced things here.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.