Author: cd_moderator

Editorial: Foreigners are still welcome   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-28 02:55:55 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-28 02:45
I did have a feeling that you liked it simple, and thank you for explaining that.

keep it simple.............that is good habit.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 03:04:01 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-28 02:45
I did have a feeling that you liked it simple, and thank you for explaining that.

you don't praise a narcisstic person.
you should not praise a narcisstic China.

you cure the person of his narcissism.........................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 03:06:44 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-5-28 02:48
You feel more comfortable living under the thumb of the fat cats?
Do you ever have an original tho ...

you are certainly under the thumb of the capitalists if you think China can do no wrong................the capitalists are very happy making big money out of China .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 03:14:17 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-5-28 03:04
you don't praise a narcisstic person.
you should not praise a narcisstic China.

I never praise narcissistic people who believe that their rights are above all others, and you seem to wish to meld the individual as 'China'. Are they one or the same?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 03:21:24 |Display all floors
adolphus Post time: 2012-5-28 03:14
I never praise narcissistic people who believe that their rights are above all others, and you see ...

you should read the thread , narcisstic China...................in China Watch.

whoever wrote it is a genius.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 04:07:26 |Display all floors
An "open society" can deal with everything !

The world will not adjust to China.

China has opened its gates to the outside world, mainly for "economic reasons".

But through the open doors not just goods pass through,

also ideas, opinions, life style and freedom.

The internet is one of these doors.

The wind blows from all directions.

You cannot tame the wind, but you can use the wind.

China will change, I have no doubt about this.

It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 04:31:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-28 04:33

Let's begin with the very first (half-) sentence of the editorial:

"Just as some in the West have wondered why most people here didn't share their obsession with Chen Guangcheng ... "

Most Chinese people could not "share" anything, since they have not been informed by the Chinese media about Chen Guangcheng, not now and not in the years before.

You can have only have an "obsession" or affection or interest about anyone or anything, when you know, that it exists.

To have a knowledgeable people is the responsibility of the media.

In this specific case, like in many other cases, you have failed to do your job.

It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.