Author: 29042012

Japan backs Philippines   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-28 14:12:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-5-28 14:15

Read also the thread:

Protest over Tokyo   U y g u r  gathering

China is getting more and more isolated in many fields.
And Japan has its own territorial disputes.

China's dreram was "to deal" with all its neigbors one-by-one to gain the maximum results of her territorila claims.

Now, all those many single neighbors are feeling the pain and the need to have a kind of "neighborhood-watch".

This was easy to be predicted, but China obviously never thought that could happen.

Now, that it happens, it is crying and complaining to be "contained" by its neigbors with the USA in the backing.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-28 14:12:19 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-5-28 15:05
You get even more points for being naive.

How many denials (or simply silence) you can observe in  ...

We're not discussing Chinese State Media or the Murdoch Press or U.S. government led media. The subject was war ships. Just a a third or fourth or fifth reminder.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-28 14:13:33 |Display all floors
29042012 Post time: 2012-5-28 15:07
There is fine distinction, between so-called "warships" and "Coastal Patrol Ships".
This is seen as ...

Can this statement of yours be considered a backtracking on the original quote of warships?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 14:17:45 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-5-28 14:13
Can this statement of yours be considered a backtracking on the original quote of warships?

I have not used that term, I just read my own posts.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-5-28 14:19:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by satsu_jin at 2012-5-28 15:20
29042012 Post time: 2012-5-28 14:08
For obvious reasons it is not too hard to imagine, that Japan want to keep a "low profile" on it.

I hate to quote again and again:

>>>>>Yomiuri Shimbun noted the Japanese government's plans to use official development assistance to provide the Philippines with patrol vessels for its coast guard to help the country strengthen its maritime security<<<<<

followed by a picture of a MSDF warship under #2

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 14:21:39 |Display all floors
In the South China Sea a solution is simply not possible with China dealing on a one-by-one basis.

The claims are far to complex, overlapping and it involves to many parties for a one-by-one approach.

The Philippines made the right choice by getting the ASEAN states envolved, by trying to achieve common grounds, common code of conducts and maybe a mutual exploration of the area. China can be a part of this.

But China has chosen to intimidate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-28 14:26:32 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-5-28 14:19
I hate to quote again and again:

>>>>>Yomiuri Shimbun noted the Japanese government's plans to use ...

See, some of those "Coastal Patrol Ships" have been "named" in several Philippine news papers.

Ships have names as you may know. And if Ships have names, you can google their images in google search as you know.

That is what I did.

Coastal Patrol Ships often are armored ships, like those Chinese ships, which are currently in the disputed areas. They are armed to chase away any pirates or other intruders violating their territory.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.