Views: 19814|Replies: 28

Going Dutch on a first date? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-5-7 17:15:19 |Display all floors
It's common for friends to go dutch, and some couples enjoy going dutch too. But in which circumstances do you think is it appropriate to go dutch? On the first date? Would you accept a guy who refused to pay on your first date?

A guy asked me on the date-- we went to a nice restaurant, and he NEVER said anything beforehand that he wasn't going to pay for both of us. I just assumed he would, as every other guy I've ever gone out with has. Then after I finished eating the meal he told me we're going Dutch. He was like "I don't have enough money on me for both of us tonight, but I will next time" I was offended. Then when I saw him counting out his money to pay for his half it looked like he actually did have enough for both dinners in his wallet. So I felt more offended. My parents teach me that a guy should act like a traditional gentleman, open doors, take his girl for a date, AND pay for it. This guy obviously didn't see it that way. I'm not a gold-digger. I just don't think it's right. If that's got to do with the "feminist movement" I don't like it. What's the big deal about going Dutch..it's our FIRST date. He says he wants to go out with me again soon. I don't know if I should or not! Would you give this guy another chance or just forget it?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-5-7 17:21:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MisterPanda at 2012-5-7 17:27

Going dutch on a first date ? Sure if you also want to go dutch when it comes to sexual gratification
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 17:27:56 |Display all floors
Biancaine  I don't know what you mean.  Post time 2012-5-7 17:26

I mean no lady is gonna spread her legs for such a cheap guy !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 18:02:30 |Display all floors
attention , you are still not his girl , so why should he pay for you .
if i am a guy , i want to spend all my money on my baby rather than a almost stranger ,

and maye be he is not attracted by your beauty .lol
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-7 18:14:57 |Display all floors
So as you don't want to lose the good things that were given to women because they were treated poorly in other areas, would you also agree that women shouldn't be CEOs and have their own money? That's why men had to pay all the time, women were to be taken care of by men because they were not equal, they were weaker and seen as less able to work and earn money. In modern society women have jobs, money and power, so why shouldn't you go dutch again?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-8 00:29:24 |Display all floors
EthanYiSen Post time: 2012-5-7 18:14
So as you don't want to lose the good things that were given to women because they were treated poor ...
In modern society women have jobs, money and power, so why shouldn't you go dutch again?

She did mention he's the one that asked her out.

If I invite you out to dinner I don't expect you to pay your share.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-8 10:39:05 |Display all floors
EthanYiSen Post time: 2012-5-7 18:14
So as you don't want to lose the good things that were given to women because they were treated poor ...

It is nothing about inequality between men and women. I am traditional, and I do believe if he asked me out, then he should pay, especially on a first date. He should have said beforehand if we split the bill.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.