Views: 5140|Replies: 2

Do you think it is necessary to have a Master degree? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-25 14:49:22 |Display all floors
A friend of mine graduated with an English degree. But despite her outstanding academic performance, she is still finding it difficult to get a job amid fiercer competition in the job meaket. “Things are very tough out there” she says. “I thought having a master’s degree would guarantee me a job. ”. She actually borrowed money to do her Master’s degree because she was confident she would get a job after post graduate school. Do you think it is necessary for her to have a Master degree? Can't we thrive without it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 14:58:28 |Display all floors
Degree represents the level of seats we have on the train during the trip to future jobs. However, the employers don't care much about what kind of seat we have taken. They only care what we can do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-25 15:29:58 |Display all floors
RabbiMoMo Post time: 2012-4-25 14:58
Degree represents the level of seats we have on the train during the trip to future jobs. However, t ...

A university degree used to be an entree to a job. But things are different these days. You do need a Master degree to get a job.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.