Views: 13308|Replies: 38

Would you mind if your wife made more money than you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-23 15:30:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Rearwindow at 2012-4-23 15:31

One of my close friends recently divorced.

He's down in the dumps. We had a couple of drinks and he told me everything.  He told me that since her wife got a promotion and made more money than him last year, they started having fights.

To him, he didn't know if the promotion was a good news. He was firstly happy, of course, but bit by bit, he felt pressured and uncomfortable. And his wife always nagged him why his boss wouldn't give him a raise or when he could make big money.

Wow, sounds horrifying to me, what if my future wife who would make more money than me{:soso_e127:} ?

Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 15:32:58 |Display all floors
z211936126.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-4-24 00:15:27 |Display all floors
and she got the Car and The House
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 10:14:16 |Display all floors
They divorced for the exterior reason that the wife made more money than the husband,but in effect  what was crucial was that they both had no initiative to uphold one another.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 10:27:33 |Display all floors
晚三年 Post time: 2012-4-24 10:14
They divorced for the exterior reason that the wife made more money than the husband,but in effect   ...

Yeah. There's Chinese saying which goes: Men with money will become bad, I think woman are the same

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 11:18:30 |Display all floors
In chinese ,man is the pillar of a family usually.Most of men need woman's worship.If wife made more money than husband,the husband will feel  thire own useless frequently,along with  can't call the shots.
But there are some women could abandon promotion for thire husband such as my mom.And the man gave her true happiness!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 11:50:13 |Display all floors
In our family my wife has more moeny than anyone else (inlcluding the dog!)

The reason is that she's in charge of the family finances. Of course I not only not care but I agree with anything she decides!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.