Views: 7183|Replies: 16

China city vows to protect "safety of foreigners" but not Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-23 12:11:13 |Display all floors
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-23 14:30:51 |Display all floors
Saying one thing does not exclude the other. Besides chinese leaders or institutions vowing or pledging things rarely result in much yet another excuse to get upset over "whitey and brownie" people ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-24 02:14:47 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2012-4-22 22:30
Saying one thing does not exclude the other. Besides chinese leaders or institutions vowing or pledg ...

Sorry pantari,  by no means am I upset with the whiteys or the brownies... What I am upset with is the leadership for its weaknesses in its dealings in -- foreign matters and -- with foreigners -- i.e.., how places the value of foreigners as priceless piossessions while classifying its own citizens as third class, forth class, fift class, in some cases less than that, and in our very own country!!!  I mean how differently is that from the stigma [no dogs or Chinese allowed billboards] posted in our very own country of the 17th, 18th, and 19th century if and when a foreigner is treated as if a precious gem while our own people ='s garabge? No difference at all if by my opinion. That, my friend, is what I am hoping to bring across to the people calling the shots in Zhongnanhai in the hopes that Beijing will get wind of how some of us true patriotes think of the situation in our country currently.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-26 12:16:23 |Display all floors
I agree with edisonone, this is a stupid statement.

Especially considering very few foreigners are being killed in China. In the 7 years I lived here I heard of about 1 or 2 cases a year, not counting people who are sentenced to death for criminal acts.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 12:50:18 |Display all floors
Obviously Chinese leadership is made of technocrats well educated and well mannered people , they know PR impact of such statement.
By saying we will protect foreigners they saying come in China invest your money and we will guarantee your safety................it is business for Christ sake.

And if may say so it is smart business , make no mistake.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-26 12:56:20 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-4-26 12:50
Obviously Chinese leadership is made of technocrats well educated and well mannered people , they kn ...

Of course it's business but by saying "we will protect the safety of foreigners" they imply that foreigners are not safe currently, which is just not the case.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-26 13:11:36 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-26 12:56
Of course it's business but by saying "we will protect the safety of foreigners" they imply that f ...
" they imply that foreigners are not safe currently, which is just not the case.

No it doesn't imply that ,  it is marketing tool or PR as i said. And also doesn't imply that safety of Chinese people is of lesser importance one doesn’t' exclude other.

Your interpretation is somewhat shallow , you have to learn to read between lines.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.