Views: 9002|Replies: 10

Should employees get fired for chatting online? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-19 17:09:47 |Display all floors
Have you got the habit of logging on QQ, MSN and other kinds of IM services and tools when you turn on the computer? Have you ever thought being caught by your boss and getting fired for chatting online that ?

According to a survey, there are many working people who are adopting MSN during workday. Do you think that chat over the internet will distract you from your work or result from working idly? Should the employees be dismissed after being caught red-handed chatting over the internet? And do you think the bosses have the right to check the employees' chat record or have the record monitored?

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-4-20 13:45:28 |Display all floors
You can have a chat with your friends by QQ or MSN as long as it don't affect normal job. And I don't think bosses have the right to check employees' chat record. To a certain extent, this behavior offend the personal privacy of employees'. If the boss is not comfortable with this, just make some rules ahead, then fire anyone who break it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 13:58:47 |Display all floors
A boss won't fire his employee just for chatting online, that's just an excuse to let you leave the company for you bad work performance. i guess.
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 14:21:14 |Display all floors
米洛.DeSTi Post time: 2012-4-20 13:58
A boss won't fire his employee just for chatting online, that's just an excuse to let you leave the  ...

like in my job , i have to use all those IM tools,it's very nomal that chating with a friend for a while .a short talk is good for your working mood ,too .
and we work to live , not live to work , we spend most of our time working in the office ,we should work , and enjoy working at the same time .
Il heurt de jouer avec le ciel .

follow your heart, touch your dream ,be yourself .dude !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 16:35:13 |Display all floors
When I'm busy with the work, I don't want to be interupted by QQ.But when I'm at leisure, I wish somebody from my friend list can talk to me. LOL, what an inconsistent person am I.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-20 16:48:52 |Display all floors
lydialeelidan Post time: 2012-4-20 16:35
When I'm busy with the work, I don't want to be interupted by QQ.But when I'm at leisure, I wish som ...

I belong to your group. I think chatting online is the best way to cheer me up, relieve my pressure and improve the efficiency of work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-22 23:19:09 |Display all floors
Efficiency of work cannot be improved by chatting online if you are not already efficient.  I feel the employer pays you for 100% complete attention to the work and not for chatting.
However some may say,  if i can do my work on time and can chat in my free time,  it maybe that the employer has given you less work to do.  Probably you should ask your boss to give you more work.
The leniency of the boss to allow employees to use Chat software is often misused.  Many many employees only want to chat and avoid work.  Its not fair for the company to tolerate such employees.
It may not be right for the employer to read the chat records of the employee because its private.   A better way would be to ban Chat software.  Only those who need to use MSN or QQ to communicate with customers or suppliers or for office work may be aloowed to use.  But its not 100% guaranteed that it will not be misused.
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.