Views: 12903|Replies: 11

Do you judge people by appearances? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-18 15:18:30 |Display all floors
It’s very common for people to judge a person by external appearance, because it’s easy and direct, and it’s instinctive. So our appearances are very important in our social life. People with goodlooking faces or appearances can be easily recognized by others and tend to be successful in their career. Are you one of those kind judging people through external apperances? Look forward to your reply!

Single choice vote, There are a total of 10 people participating in the poll
10.00% (1)
30.00% (3)
60.00% (6)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2012-4-18 15:54:19 |Display all floors
I am totally against judging people by their looks. It is a kind of discrimination against the ugly.{:soso_e118:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-18 16:01:25 |Display all floors
Maybe in China that's the case, but elsewhere especially in serious business, you judge people by their steadiness, maturity, hidden potential, background, resume, before hiring, then after judge them by their work ethics, abilities, loyalty, dedication, toughness maybe in modelling or simple desk-jobs you judge people by their looks, or maybe an image obsessed country like China you judge them by look, remember the fake Olympic singing girl?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 13:00:44 |Display all floors
I often judge woman by appearance....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 14:10:34 |Display all floors
Chinese and east Asians in general tend to judge people by the whiteness of their skin. Big eyes are a measure of beauty.  
Inner beauty is rarely considered.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 14:24:36 |Display all floors
msrong Post time: 2012-4-19 14:10
Chinese and east Asians in general tend to judge people by the whiteness of their skin. Big eyes are ...

It's unavoidable. No matter how much we try not to, in some degree we do judge people. That's why a lot good clothers, cosmetics and even plastic surgery are created. Everyone wants to have a good appearance to attract others or be acquainted by others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-19 14:28:56 |Display all floors
someoneold Post time: 2012-4-19 13:00
I often judge woman by appearance....

I'm the opposite, I often judge men by appearances.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.