Author: 468259058

Recycling of used leather shoes for medicinal capsules in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-17 18:42:34 |Display all floors
Gelatin plant arsonist detained amid capsule scandal
(Xinhua)
13:17, April 17, 2012

SHIJIAZHUANG, April 17 (Xinhua) -- The head of a gelatin plant in north China's Hebei Province was detained after allegedly setting fire to his plant to destroy evidence amid an unfolding capsule scandal.

Song Xunjie, manager of Hebei Xueyang Glair Gelatin Factory, located in Fucheng county, allegedly committed arson in the plant at 3:20 p.m. Sunday and was detained on Monday, said a statement issued by the county government early Tuesday.

The fire was put out by 4:30 p.m. Sunday, and no casualties were reported, the statement said.

An initial investigation showed that Song had set the fire while trying to destroy evidence that the plant provided industrial gelatin to capsule production companies.

Xi Huimin, deputy chief of the county's quality inspection bureau, said the bureau did not find such records in previous inspections.

The bureau on Sunday suspended production at the factory and sealed 200 tonnes of gelatin product for further investigation, said Xi.

Established in 2004 with registered capital of 2.1 million yuan (332,592 U.S. dollars), the factory has an annual production capacity of 280 tonnes and employs 32 workers. Products, mainly industrial gelatin, were sold to the cities of Beijing, Changzhou and Xiamen, as well as Zhejiang Province, according to the statement.

The factory was put under the spotlight after state media reported that it had provided industrial gelatin to a capsule production company in Zhejiang.

The State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) issued an emergency notice Sunday halting the sale and consumption of 13 kinds of drugs packed in capsules confirmed to have excessive levels of chromium.

The SFDA said it has ordered its provincial-level bureaus to investigate the cases and examine the drugs mentioned in the report.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 18:44:13 |Display all floors
Online fury as posters condemn companies
(Xinhua)
08:15, April 17, 2012

There was widespread outrage and condemnation across the Internet in China following the CCTV report exposing excess chromium in medicine capsules.

Weibo, China's microblogging service, was flooded with comments, mostly posts of condemnation, after the program aired on Sunday.

"Is it only the capsules which pose problems? Can we still believe in these pharmaceutical companies without any conscience?" said one microblogger with the name "Jia Xiaoxue."

"Lixiaoyue" was similarly skeptical of the pharmaceutical industry.

"Are we still able to be cured, given the medicines coming to our rescue are poisonous themselves?"

Computer hackers also did their bit to join the condemnation in their own way.

Early yesterday, the official website of Tonghua Golden Horse Pharmaceutical Industry Co Ltd (thjm.cn), a listed company on the Shenzhen stock exchange, was attacked by hackers, who managed to replace the home page with their own message condemning the company.

"How can you make capsules from the broken shoes I threw away? Every hacker in China should join the attack against these criminal domestic companies," the hackers said in the message.

However, many Internet users called on supervision authorities to perform better and establish a well-functioning mechanism to improve food and drug safety in the first place.

"Jia Xiaoxue" said that what the Chinese people really needed was responsible companies, as well as a strict and feasible supervision mechanism.

Just last week, an unconfirmed report said that industrial gelatin may have been used in the production of solid yogurt and puddings, but the claim was soon dismissed as untrue by major dairy companies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 18:45:32 |Display all floors
Girl dies of intravenous infusion in Guangzhou clinic
By Wei Ran (Shanghai Daily)
17:12, April 17, 2012

A 10-year-old girl allegedly died of intravenous infusion of expired medicine in a neighborhood clinic in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong Province on Sunday, a local newspaper reported today.

Guangzhou Daily said the girl surnamed Song was brought to the clinic to treat her flu. She felt dull chest pains during an intravenous drip and the doctor said the symptom was normal.

Song's father saw her face was turning purple and checked the infusion bottle which showed the expiration date was 2011. He stopped the infusion immediately and brought his daughter to another hospital where Song died despite emergency treatment.

Her family said the four bottles of medicine prescribed for Song all contained potassium chloride. An overdose of this chemical compound is lethal.

Police began to probe into the girl's death and the clinic has been closed, the paper said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 18:46:31 |Display all floors
SFDA: over 33,000 illegal drug ads found
(Xinhua)
08:28, April 17, 2012

BEIJING, April 16 (Xinhua) -- China's food and drug safety watchdog said on Monday that its local offices discovered 33,648 illegal commercial advertisements for drugs from January to March this year.

The illegal ads were referred to market supervisory authorities for investigations and further procedures, according to a statement issued Monday by the State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA).

The statement also mentioned the discovery of 3,239 illegal ads for medical instruments and 6,551 ads for health supplements.

For serious offenses, including the release of ads without prior approval from local food and drug authorities and making material changes to approved content, authorities revoked 15 licenses for drug advertising and 14 for health supplement ads, the statement said.

In addition, 11 temporary sales suspensions were issued for products mentioned in the illegal ads during the period.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-17 20:39:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by liuyedao at 2012-4-17 20:43
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-17 00:08
Unwanted ? Certainly. Isolated ? I wouldn't be so sure.

Truth is in the last 2 years we have seen ...

This kind of incidents surely affect people's daily life.

You just need to realize that China is still a developing country, so many ugly incidents happening suring social transformation. This is a fact and I don't deny this.

Yet, however ugly, this is not a source for excitement for China-sceptics. The 468259058 guy is a sick provocator. No Chinese could be so dilligent digging up China's negative stories, translate it and then show it up in an English BBS.

In his several other threads, I carefully read what he already translated, I found that he manipulated translation and distorting the fact. I questioned him about this and he just avoid facing me. That's why I'm sure he's not a Chinese, but another provocator pretending to be a chauvinist Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-4-17 20:43:02 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2012-4-17 20:39
This kind of incidents surely affect people's daily life.

You just need to realize that China is  ...
Yet, however ugly, this is not a source for excitement for China-sceptics

Exactly, it's quite the opposite, this should bring great pride to Chinese people. They are now standing like one and cracking down on corrupted people.

I don't care who posts what, whether it's intended to bash or praise China. I just react on facts and facts only.

Anyway, have you ever met anyone on a forum who changed his opinion ? Bashers will remain bashers, blind followers will remain blind followers.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-18 01:54:46 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-4-16 21:16
Once again, ridiculous argument. My wife's gynecologist certainly knows more about her vagina on a  ...

Don't get so upset just because someone has different opinions than you.
You obviously are a pro western propagandist and I am pro China.
If you think the world would be a better place if the fat cats got fewer and richer until finally
they had all the money and a bloody world revolution ensued then go right ahead.
You can be one of the billions of halfwits that blindly follow the same old history without question.
So of us have hopes for actually improving the lot of the human race. We really don't care about
people like you but we do want to turn over the rocks for all to see.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.