Author: voice_cd

Are Chinese workers underpaid?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-4-7 00:32:12 |Display all floors
the problem of comparing wages is it must also compare living cost, my wage is very good compared to a chinese friend in the same job, till we worked out how much spare cash we had at the end of the month we came to find he had more left over than me, as hie paid less hidden taxs than i had, it is the amount  of spare income that is important, no good erning 500,000 rmb a month  if it all goes on stelth tax and bills inflatiion is the biiggest problem for the working ckass, we dont need new tv, i phone, and disigner clothes  every week  but we do need  roof a hot meal and a warm bed, add the rest after.          

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 00:39:03 |Display all floors
i dont earn the same wage as some one  doing my job i in the big city so my avarge is much lower, but many of my bills are the same as his becouse they are set nationaly not local,   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 00:42:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by loveyouall at 2012-4-7 02:34

Wages are improving during the past few years.   Maybe cannot say underpaid because its still better than many other countries.  But can say that the income gap between rich and poor is very large.
Also if compared with foreign workers in china the difference is very big.  But i must point out one thing about teachers.  If the quality of local teachers was so high.  why would chinese hire foreign teachers.   There must be something lacking that is why foreign teachers are being invited?  This is not to hurt anyone or being against anyone.   just for the sake of asking a question.
if you can be happy with what you have, dont wait for more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 00:51:58 |Display all floors
loveyouall Post time: 2012-4-7 00:42
Wages are improving during the past few years.   Maybe cannot say underpaid because its still better ...

i have been asked to teach in china by a number  of schools , but i think it is my clean spoken  english no funny accent, when i finish my exams i may think about a long trip to chinaif they will have me , the wage gap between groups will cause problems sooner or later history could repet it self)   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 14:08:18 |Display all floors
loveyouall Post time: 2012-4-7 00:42
Wages are improving during the past few years.   Maybe cannot say underpaid because its still better ...

Exactly.

While it's widely known that foreigners in China generally earn more than their Chinese colleagues -- sometimes obscenely high, the Chinese have themselves to blame -- at least in part. Is hiring foreigners absolutely essential? Can the Chinese companies do without them? For quite a number of them, the answer is yes. I have known some Chinese employers who hire foreingers simply to make their undertaking "look more international".

Also, are the foreigners all qualified? I think you may well know the answer, and perhaps have met a few quacks. For them, they are paid higher simply because they are, yes, foreigners.

However, for quite a number of highly qualified foreigners, they should be paid more for the simple fact that they have to travel all the way from the other end of the globe to China and bring their talent to the country. Besides, almost all of them would have to adapt to the Chinese culture, which, more often than not, is vastly different from their. If more money can actually do the trick and help them settle in the country, why not?

And, don't forget another thing called "global pay".
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 15:38:41 |Display all floors
low salary is normal in China,most poeple are living uneasily

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-7 15:55:35 |Display all floors
向导户外-Lucy Post time: 2012-4-6 15:47
well, average wage is not the wage we ordinary people get every month,never forget the  ...

,the gap is increasing rapidly between the poor and the rich

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.