Views: 6864|Replies: 16

LOTTO Money in the door, friendship out the window. [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 03:28:43 |Display all floors
One of the three winners of the biggest lottery jackpot in history turns cold shoulder to friends in workplace lottery pool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mega Millions winner won’t share with McD’s co-workers
12:48 pm April 2, 2012, by George Mathis

McDonald’s workers in Baltimore are serving Unhappy Meals today after a co-worker, who claims to have won a third
of the world record $656 Mega Millions lottery jackpot, says she won’t be sharing.

The New York Post reports that Mirlande Wilson, 37, says she has a winning ticket, but that she bought it with her
own money, not that of her co-workers, who had pooled their resources in an attempt to win the big Friday prize.

“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” Wilson told
the Post.

Winning tickets were sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas.

According to the article, Wilson ran the McDonald’s office pool that fateful day, getting $5 from 15 co-workers.
She purchased the pool tickets and left them at the restaurant in a safe place, according to the article.

Just before closing shop Friday evening, however, the owner of the fast food restaurant says he gave Wilson another
$5. Wilson bought more tickets after leaving work and took them home, but she claims the winning ticket was not
purchased with the final $5 contribution.

After Wilson called in to work Saturday to say she’d no longer be peddling fried taters, a couple of co-workers
went to her home and beat on the door until she answered.

“These people are going to kill you. It’s not worth your life!” said one after she opened the door.

As of Monday afternoon, no one had claimed the prize, worth an estimated $105 million after taxes.

Wilson may be fibbing. When pressed to produce the winning ticket she told the newspaper “I don’t know if I won.
Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them].”

The McDonald’s owner declined to comment except to say, “It’s all [BS], if you ask me. It’s speculation.”
------------------------------------------------------------
What a big bunch of trouble!!!

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 03:50:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Industrialist at 2012-4-3 03:51

-- Ewww. I'm imagining a big fat greasy and greedy women who works at Mickey D's. Nasty lol. --

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 03:59:23 |Display all floors
Industrialist Post time: 2012-4-3 03:50
-- Ewww. I'm imagining a big fat greasy and greedy women who works at Mickey D's. Nasty lol. --

HERE SHE IS

lotto.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:05:01 |Display all floors
America is an interesting place.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 04:08:59 |Display all floors
Yes, and with guns all over the place she just might end up dead over this.
People have been killed for a LOT less over here.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-3 04:10:52 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2012-4-3 03:59
HERE SHE IS

-- Ahh! I just threw up a little in my mouth. Are you trying to make me sick? --

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-4-3 04:15:55 |Display all floors
Industrialist Post time: 2012-4-3 04:10
-- Ahh! I just threw up a little in my mouth. Are you trying to make me sick? --

I think she is lovely I really do, shame I'm married

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.