Views: 27499|Replies: 140

Have you cleared your misconceptions about China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-28 14:44:28 |Display all floors

People who have never set foot in China generally have some common misconceptions about China.

Some think Chinese are all kong fu masters and they are not funny; some believe Chinese are only capable of copying and they have no creativity; some trust in everything that movies, TVs or local restaurants tell them about China; and some are even adamant that China is still very very poor...

These are just a small number of myths that foreigners hold against China and most of these myths get debunked once the foreigners arrive in China and actually learn about the nation.

What misconceptions did you hold about China, which were cleared after you travelled to the country?

And what kind of perceptions -- which are commonly believed to be misconceptions -- are you still holding about China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 03:36:14 |Display all floors
i heard that China was communist, but it turns out that it's capitalist. i heard China was authoritarian. turns out the west is more authoritarian than China. i hear hongers and taiwanese talk about how bad the mainland is. turns out the bad places are hong kong and taiwan. heard that Chinese things are poison. now it turns out that western foods, and medicines are poison. western corporations regularly genetically modify their foods. their foods are filled with artificial things that are bad for health. i have also found out that western pharmaceutical corporations regularly sell medicine to people that do more harm than good, and doctors are complicit in convincing patients to take medicine that will harm them. i found out that mainland healthcare is actually better than taiwan, hong kong, and the west. even though the west, hong kong, and taiwan try to proclaim superiority. much of my discoveries in mainland China have discredited hong kong, taiwan, and the west. i now have very little reason to believe any information coming out of hong kong, taiwan, and the west. westerners, hongers, and taiwanese frequently claim to be free, but i have found that they are much more opresed, and restrictive than the main land. when i look at westerners and how trapped, and enslaved they are by the corporations, i feel sorry for them. and the worst part is, they dont even know theyre opresed. i just laugh at some of these fools who think they need to buy name brand items. i look at mainlanders and think they are so lucky to be able to choose from no name brand items that serve the purpose 100%. i think it is absolutely fabulous that Chinese people can buy Chinese products and support their brothers. ie buying Chinese motorcycles, cars, vans, etc. the taiwanese, and hongers are so opresed that most of their stuff is imported, and the only ones they are helping are foreigners. i am somewhat glad that mainland China has not reached those lows. i used to think Chinese products were inferior, but i have discovered that not only are they better, but also cost less. the only reason many are not able to find out how great Chinese products are is because many countries do not allow high end Chinese products to be imported into the country. they only allow the low end products, and therefore it gives a false illusion of Chinese product inferiority. another misconception is how they portray Chinese cops to be bad. i have found that western cops are much more agresive. most of the Chinese cops i have encountered have been laid back, and civilised, whereas western cops seem to resemble gangsters more than cops. i have also discovered how interesting Chinese television is. when i watch western shows, or shows from hk, tw, i find that those shows are so shallow, and meaningless. it came to the point where i just didnt watch tv anymore, until i discovered Chinese tv and started watching tv again. i really enjoy how the state owned Chinese tv will frequently put ordinary people on the shows, disabled people, and working class individuals. all of these types of people are marginalised, and swept aside in regimes such as taiwan, hk, and the west. i also used to believe that the Chinese govt paid trolls to go online. again, it turned out that the real regimes paying trolls to come online were the west, hk, and tw. i am at the point where i just say to myself, if the west accuses China of something, then the west is most likely guilty of that themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 04:21:33 |Display all floors
another lie that western media like to spread about China is that Chinese parents abandon or kill their daughters. i have found that Chinese parents love their children more than westerners do. not only that, the child's grandparents also love their grand children much more, and tend to be much more involved in the child's life. this lie is even spread by hongers, and taiwanese, but what i have discovered is that hongers and taiwanese are not very good at parenting in comparison to their mainland counterparts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 07:20:43 |Display all floors
vanwilder Post time: 2012-3-29 03:36
i heard that China was communist, but it turns out that it's capitalist. i heard China was authorita ...

Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 07:20:59 |Display all floors
vanwilder Post time: 2012-3-29 04:21
another lie that western media like to spread about China is that Chinese parents abandon or kill th ...

Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 10:11:15 |Display all floors
Even we chinese people fail to perceive China rationally & objectively...
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-29 10:13:39 |Display all floors
vanwilder Post time: 2012-3-29 04:21
another lie that western media like to spread about China is that Chinese parents abandon or kill th ...

those people simply enlarge few exceptions to smear mainland...actually,in their regions the situation may be really worse...
Heavens bless you & me!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.