Author: firstcause

US threatens India with sanctions over Iran trade   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-19 05:46:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-3-19 05:48
Bandito Post time: 2012-3-18 21:50
No, onus is on you to disprove what I said. Arguments are not won by yelling BS!

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 05:47:43 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-3-18 22:28
So by your logic, even if Mughals weren't Indians, how about Kanishka, Ashoka, Gupta's ? Aliens ?

I'd rather you respond to a question as oposed to answering a question with acquestion. I suspect you don't have the necessary answer and are too lazy to avail yourself to a pc preferably one connected to internet:)
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 08:38:49 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-3-19 02:47
I'd rather you respond to a question as oposed to answering a question with acquestion. I suspect  ...

Necessary answer ? I thought I gave you that. You said Kashmir was annexed by the Sikhs at 18th Century. I showed you other kingdom names which ruled Kashmir as part of integral India. So if you do not have to accept the facts of my arguments you shouldn't just shoot your mouth on things that you have zero knowledge about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 17:35:19 |Display all floors
manoj10 Post time: 2012-3-19 08:38
Necessary answer ? I thought I gave you that. You said Kashmir was annexed by the Sikhs at 18th Ce ...

here is an extract that might educate you further.......Indians are not muslims are they? it is shut your mouth not shoot! Unless you are threatening m in which case, name the place and time!

The Muslim and Hindu peoples of Kashmir have lived in relative harmony and friendliness since the 13th century when Islam first became the majority religion in Kashmir. The Sufi-Islamic way of life that ordinary Muslims followed in Kashmir complemented the rishi tradition of Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus), leading to a syncretic culture where Hindus and Muslims revered the same local saints and prayed at the same shrines.  
Periodically however, there have been rulers and leaders who have had a narrow view of Islam, and have subjected Hindu minorities to great cruelties and discrimination. The current armed secessionist movement in Kashmir mostly derives its inspiration from these people.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-25 22:19:33 |Display all floors
India has plans to continue importing Iranian crude
Indian Oil Minister Jaipal Reddy
Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:4PM GMT

Our companies need oil from Iran and we will continue to import without violation of international law in letter and spirit."

Indian Oil Minister Jaipal Reddy
Indian oil minister says his country is planning to continue importing crude oil from Iran despite unilateral sanctions imposed on the Iranian oil sector by the US and the European Union.

Jaipal Reddy told the reporters on the sidelines of the Asia Gas Partnership Summit that New Delhi has a systematic plan for receiving oil from Iran, the Press Trust of India reported.

"We are envisaging no cut [in purchase of crude oil from Iran]," he said while asking the United States and other western nations to take into account India's energy needs.

"We continue to receive representations from the US and other countries. We respect their sentiments [but] we have requested them to appreciate our need," he added.

The Indian oil minister also assured Indian oil consumers that there will be no problem of supplies at all.

"Our companies need oil from Iran and we will continue to import without violation of international law in letter and spirit," Reddy added.

The US and the EU have imposed tough sanctions against Iran's oil sector since the beginning of 2012, aimed at penalizing other countries for importing Iranian crude.

On Tuesday, March 20, Washington announced that 11 nations including 10 EU members -- Belgium, Britain, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, and Spain -- as well as Japan have been exempted from Iran sanctions as they have reduced Iranian oil imports.

The most important countries which were not included on the exemption list were China, India and South Korea.

On March 23, US State Department spokeswoman, Victoria Nuland, said Washington is urging several countries, including India, to "significantly reduce" their dependence on Iranian oil to avoid the American sanctions.

"We are working hard with India to see if we can help with regard to reducing the country's dependence...on Iranian crude, and looking at alternative sources of supply as well," she added.

Despite frequent requests from Washington, the Indian government has so far refused to reduce oil imports from Iran and has even come up with a new mechanism for paying the oil price without being affected by US sanctions on Iranian banks.

The US and the EU claim that Iran's nuclear energy program contains a military component and have used such claims as pretext to impose international and unilateral sanctions against the country.

Tehran refutes their claims, saying frequent inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency have failed to prove any diversion in Iran's nuclear energy program toward military purposes.
Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-4 09:11:54 |Display all floors
US-led sanctions on Iran difficult for India to join: Expert
The Indian government has so far refused to reduce oil imports from Iran and is ready to pay for Iranian oil in rupees when new EU sanctions against Iran take effect in July.
Tue Apr 3, 2012 2:34PM GMT

India and Iran are not divided by any major clash of interests today or in the foreseeable future,”

Ramesh Thakur, Australian National University professor
An international relations professor says New Delhi has good ties with Tehran based on shared trade and security interests, making it difficult for India to join the US-led sanctions against Iran.

“India and Iran are not divided by any major clash of interests today or in the foreseeable future,” wrote Ramesh Thakur, an Australian National University professor, on The Japan Times website.

“Iran supplies about 12 percent of India's oil imports. Delhi has also had a long-standing interest in building a gas pipeline from Iran to India,” he added.

Referring to New Delhi’s refusal to follow the US-led sanctions on the Islamic Republic, Thakur said “Writing in The Diplomat on February 20, R. Nicholas Burns, undersecretary of state in the Bush administration, lamented the fact that India was going to continue to purchase oil from Iran.”

The expert believes the US official was “reacting to reports that to circumvent Western sanctions on Iran's central bank, Delhi was negotiating barter deals (Iranian oil for Indian goods) and/or payment in rupees.”

“In failing to join in the European Union (EU) and US sanctions, Burns believes, India has let America down.”, Thakur said.

The US and the EU have imposed financial and oil sanctions against Iran since the beginning of 2012, claiming that the country’s nuclear energy program includes a military component.

Tehran refutes such allegations, saying frequent inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency have failed to prove any diversion in Iran's nuclear energy program toward military purposes.

On March 23, US State Department spokeswoman, Victoria Nuland, said Washington is urging several countries, including India, to “significantly reduce” their dependence on the Iranian oil to avoid the American sanctions.

Despite frequent requests from Washington, the Indian government has so far refused to reduce oil imports from Iran and has even come up with a new mechanism for paying the oil price without being affected by US sanctions on Iranian banks.
Overall ranking from the top in math scores are
1.Shanghai (China)
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. South Korea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-4 10:40:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.