Author: angela627

Gun Crime: Is China Safer than the West?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-16 10:52:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-15 18:45
Of corsica, Robber Baron, you can talk about America any time you wish, and we understand that you ...

You surrendered the last time we played the grammar game, or have you forgotten in your hangover?
You take a slow train across Russia and hike around China and you think that makes you a worldly man.
I have been to China seven times, Malaysia three times, and spent time in Japan and the Philippines.
You think your experiences are so much greater than mine. You don't even know the U.S. so no wonder
you get upset when I compare the U.S. to China.
You are a simpleton.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-16 11:05:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-15 18:54
So, now little Babe, we are squat on the facts that interest us. Not your fantasies and manias any ...

Or maybe it could be that the melting pot of America has more inequities among races, thus more tension
than a society so homogenous that its barely removed from dangerous levels of inbreeding.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-16 11:42:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2012-3-15 19:43
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-14 12:54
Today's news in the U.S. March 14, 2012
------------------------------------------
HOUSTON (Reuters) ...

And March 15, 2012 news.. more gun lovers kill or are killed.
----------------------------------------
GILROY, Calif. (AP) — An Iraq War veteran who may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder shot and killed
his 11-year-old sister Thursday in California before taking his own life in a murder-suicide, police said.

Meanwhile, investigators said they were frantically searching for the mother of shooter Abel Gutierrez, 27, who
they feared also may have been killed or seriously injured.

"It's horrible. We have no idea where she is," Gilroy police Sgt. Chad Gallacinao told The Associated Press. "We
are desperately trying to find her."

Police were called to the Gutierrez apartment Wednesday night after a roommate came home, suspected something was
wrong, and went back outside. Arriving officers found the bodies of Gutierrez and his little sister, Lucero, dead
from gunshot wounds.

There was no sign of their mother, Martha Gutierrez, 52. However, police found clues inside the home that indicated
she may be seriously hurt — or worse.

"We do believe based on the evidence at the scene that she is either critically wounded or deceased," Gallacinao
said.
-------------------------------------------------
Of course these deaths and many, many more are worth it so the gun lovers can play with their guns... right?
Is this a fluke... three gun lovers episodes in three days? Not in the gun loving USA. It's business as usual.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-16 11:50:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by longzhou at 2012-3-16 11:51
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-3-16 07:41
No,
all I'm saying is that there there is harldy any statistical support for your correlation base ...

In all fairness LCSULLA I would like to say this to you; you are right here in this point!

Actually people tend to focus more on gun crimes than other things since they are commited by and against people.

I know some statistical facts that show that in the US more children get killed drowned in backyard swimmingpools as a cause of distraction than people get killed by firearms. Some of this "amazing" facts can be checked in the book "Freakonomics".
I also think that weapons, per se, don't kill people; it's the people who fire them! But I think you will conccur with me here that, a tougher legislation on gun control may help to prevent that such things as the ones we see frequently in the US from happening.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-16 14:46:28 |Display all floors
DanseMacabre Post time: 2012-3-14 16:11
It is the people, not the weapons, that kill.

You are correct: Guns don't kill people; People kill people.

And by that "correctly" stated argument that leaves one with the understanding why 'homicide' rates are higher outside the US than inside the US. And in the US crimes are more frequent in municipalities that ban gun ownership.

It doesn't take a 'gun' to do the dastardly deed of slaying someone; only a warped mind.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-16 19:46:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-3-16 19:47
seneca Post time: 2012-3-16 14:26
Please explain...

Hehe, I often talk about that assumption with my friends.

Most of my friends and former colleagues including high-level party members have the similiar guesses.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-17 02:46:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-15 22:05
I "surrendered" what in our "grammar game", Robber?  You are totally meshugge, boob!

I told yo ...

""There is apparently nothing you know better than I do! But there is a lot else that I know, and you ignore! ""

There you go again, saying you are the smartest person in this forum.
Maybe we could make you cream your jeans by giving you a gold star or something. {:soso_e113:}
You never mention your mother... she was probably relieved to be rid of you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.