Author: angela627

Gun Crime: Is China Safer than the West?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-18 15:56:53 |Display all floors
chinaimport Post time: 2012-3-18 15:51
Let local Chinese have guns and not the foreigners. End of stories.

That works

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-3-19 03:04:36 |Display all floors
lotusfly7 Post time: 2012-3-17 23:56
That works

It's obvious you are in love with guns. There is no reasoning with you.
Some people are obsessed with music, cars, animals, you name it.
If someone is obsessed with guns there is no reasoning with them.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 07:44:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2012-3-17 17:59
Oops. I skipped a day. It's hard to keep up with all the gun murders going on in the U.S.
I'm sure ...

Gun murder of the day in the U.S.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Murder Investigation Underway in St. Augustine
7:29 PM, Mar 18, 2012
FCN News
                        Written by
Jessica Clark

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Homicide investigators are working in a neighborhood in St. Augustine.

Saturday afternoon police responded to a call of shots fired and a possible child abduction happening at the
same time, according to Corporal Jim Giammarinaro with the St. Augustine Police Department.

When police arrived at 146 Cunningham Street, Giammarinaro said, they found a person on the ground, "possibly
deceased" and one suspect was at the scene.

The suspect was taken into custody.

As of early Sunday evening, investigators were still at the scene gathering information.

The location is just east of  U.S. 1 in a residential area, north of the downtown St. Augustine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small price to pay for all the fun gun lovers have playing and showing off their guns.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 11:37:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-18 17:16
The source? I Googled "foreigner killed Guangzhou", and this came up first. What I was actually look ...

Maybe that foreign English teacher was trying to evangelize his students and deserved to be dispatched.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-19 12:17:37 |Display all floors
In real life, this topic will be won by a person with a gun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 03:28:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-19 04:52
That's not what the coppers aid, you Simple Robber. He was Jewish, by the way. But who cares? It i ...

That's what you just made up so you could think you won another argument. Nobody believes anything
you say any more except your fellow stooges.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 09:56:09 |Display all floors
To obtain a gun licence is virtually impossible in my country unless you are someone who is well linked and important. Anyone caught in possession of such a weapon without a valid licence means the death sentence and by that it means - death by hanging.
It is also an offence to carry penknives in major towns.
But even with this harsh punishments, there are still armed robberies on goldsmiths, banks & payrolls etc. Through underground connections, one can even hire hitman for assasinations. Guns were smuggled through neighbouring countries via underground networks. Overall, it is still safe to walk our streets but do be mindful of snatchthefts, carjackings etc.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.