Views: 4848|Replies: 16

More male teachers needed to 'shape boys' masculinity' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-13 09:37:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by desperado123 at 2012-3-13 09:39

"The scarcity of male teachers may cause boy students to lack masculinity," said a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) Weng Guoxing, who suggested raising the ratio of male teachers in primary and middle schools, Qilu Evening News reported Sunday.
Nowadays, the gender ratio of teachers is imbalanced in primary and middle schools, especially in kindergartens, said Weng. He took Qingdao for example: in October 2011, a media survey showed that male teachers account for less than 20 percent in the city's nine primary schools and 30 percent in 10 middle schools.
Statistics show that in nationwide kindergartens, there are only 10,000 male teachers among the total 1 million teachers.
Weng attributes the imbalance to the following reasons: imbalance in normal colleges with a rate of men to women as 15:17; many male graduates from normal colleges prefer not to be teachers; the income of teachers is lower than many other professions.
He suggested to control the gender ratio to 1:1 when enrolling teachers. "For disciplines that especially need male teachers, standards should be lowered for male candidates."
Xie Shijie, another CPPCC member echoed his suggestion, saying that the scarcity of male teachers will greatly compromise students' emotional quotient because female teachers' care and love is not enough to shape all children's integral personalities.

(cd)
masculinity.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:47:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lono_Sainoa at 2012-3-13 09:50

i agree

kids growing up with female kindergarten and primary school teachers, particularly, will breed a nation of effeminate little gay girly-boys

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:50:08 |Display all floors
i often used to teach Kindergarten and Primary school and my kids grow to be strong, confident, non-nonsense, no BS, cut through the crap, common sense-filled smart, independent, and powerful

they know right from wrong, and can think and act decisively, and with care and concern for others

female teachers will just cause boys to grow to act out, be confused, and have difficulty treating other people with care and respect, they will often grow to mistreat others from their confusion and troubles..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:53:44 |Display all floors
at least my students in China will grow to fill important positions of leadership in society

i decided to teach kids so as to have the largest and most significant impact on their lives

going to the root of the problems i saw with older students

and I can say that their problems come from over-nurturing in the classroom by female teachers

at the age of 3 or 4, a male child is ready to start his way down the path of becoming a man.

girl teachers should teach girls students, and men should teach male students, IMO

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:56:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lono_Sainoa at 2012-3-13 09:56

in most ancient societies, the male child would begin to follow his father around as soon as he could walk, learning the ways of men in the tribe, going out from his mother, while females stayed at home to help the mother with rearing the family, and other home-related tasks

a 3 or 4 year old male should already begin to walk with his father, in his father's footsteps

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:58:28 |Display all floors
3 and 4 years old is the most susceptible time in a child's life

they will stand strong, stand proud, and be as much like the male father figure as they can possibly be.

if they are with females at the age of 3 -8, they are just going to grow abnormally, and become little weenies who dont know what to do or how to do it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:59:00 |Display all floors
Lono_Sainoa Post time: 2012-3-13 09:53
at least my students in China will grow to fill important positions of leadership in society

i deci ...

One problem here even though the male teachers to take the jobs but do you think the muscle men could do the good job? and the male teachers in the kindergarten tends to be some gentle and patient ones which are more  feminine than masculine

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.