Author: starfruit12

British people attitude towards Chinese   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-20 05:27:19 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2012-3-13 15:05
I watched a TV documentary about Chinese diaspora around the world a few years ago,
one part show ...

correction - I'm not surprised by it just from my own experience living in the UK for so many years.  I have not been brainwashed by them to belittled me.  They basically are racists and now they are quiet just because they want China money to help their drowning economy.  Once they have the investors in their hands, they will be all end up like Rupert Murdoch fate, I can bet you on that.  This is why I hope the Chinese government won't invest anymore in the UK but look at somewhere else that you can trust as a business partner.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:38:10 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-3-13 17:39
Hi
I'm sorry you had such a negative experience in the UK, I don't know what sorts of issues you fe ...

My many years first hand experience gives me the right to say the truth about the UK racism.  It is not new.  It is accepted and covered by the press in the UK.  Many Chinese in the UK have been looked down and most of them would never have the chance to go up management in all British companies.  Give me one example in British companies you have Chinese on the board?  None.  Chinese people are exploited and they are just quiet about it.  I'm not hostile about Brits, I was simply sharing my little experience about how English people do business with Chinese in the UK.  

I give you another recent example, an English guy at the trade show told me he would rather do business with someone he knows in English company.    Yes, this is happened only a couple of months ago when I went to a trade show in London.

Seem to me English or Brits are not used to negative news about them.  As soon as they hear some negative news of them, they attack or bully them.  Name calling.  I think the British government should start telling the Brits the truth about themselve and not to just putting their nose to other people business when they cannot even deal with them own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 08:15:47 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-3-20 05:38
My many years first hand experience gives me the right to say the truth about the UK racism.  It  ...

I withdraw my apology. I based it on the mistaken belief that you yourself lack prejudice and had simply had a bad experience of the UK - clearly your issues are more personal in nature. Y Let me point out the obvious, accusing an entire nation of racism is by definition a form of prejudice. You are not judging people as individuals but as a group. I agree racism isn't new, it is covered in the UK press because its also not considered  acceptable by the majority of Brits.

1. How are Chinese people in the UK exploited? by Whom precisely and to what end? Please provide evidence, not assumption - or 1 or 2 anecdotes. The only examples I can think of involve Chinese gangs exploiting other Chinese (usually illegal) immigrants.

2. One company? Standard and Chartered.

3. Your "little experience" is nothing more than that, i wont deny some people in the UK are racist. Because some people are. Doesn't mean everyone is, or its more of a problem in the UK than anywhere else including China.

4. Most people would rather do business with other people they know.  What's your point? Its called a business relationship and is the reason people network. Not that its directly relevant, but how do you know that the English guy he was talking about was white?

5. All I see on this forum is negativity towards the Brits - if you look ion the British press all you see is negativity about ourselves. So.. no not really.

6. Who are "they"? A secret cabal of anti-Chinese business leaders, desperate to do business with China whether they need to or not?  Britain has a trade imbalance with China. You make more money from us than we do from you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-21 03:58:51 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2012-3-20 08:15
I withdraw my apology. I based it on the mistaken belief that you yourself lack prejudice and had  ...

I'm not surprised by your reaction to my negative views and experience expressed here about the English to be honest.  Your reaction is very typical English or British.  Trying to justify something is true and fact.  I don't know when did the English people would answer why they called Chinese racist names and treated unfairly to Chinese.  Lets talk about the British passports shall we?  Why you have different class of British passport.  Let me remind you the old British Overseas Passport for all the HK people have no right to resident in the UK, and have no right at many areas treating particular race group unfairly is racisim.  Perhaps it should call institutional racism.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-21 04:01:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-20 09:29
You are a boring snail with excellent Chinglish writing skills but a sluggish brain and a lousy me ...

Another typical English respond and bully to those who only express their experience about how they are treated in the UK.  By the words you described about my English, it shows another good example of how English people are like.  

Please don't bite me.  I am only a small Chinese businessman living in the UK for so long and to share my experience with people who cares about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-21 06:23:49 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-3-20 04:55
RealMardrid - do give me the examples about how many Foreigners that invested in China and got jai ...

Well if they did something naughty, then there should be no exemption of where they from.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-21 06:30:33 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-3-20 05:06
Lebeast - i won't leave because of some narrow minded racists want me to.  i am simply telling pe ...

It is a sad tactic of many Brits use is to bully or accusing you like what you do now to talk down people real experience and tell the truth about how people are treated.  You wouldn't say it to a black person though cos they will call you racist.  But if you say it to a Chinese, you think you can get away with it as in your mind you were told that Chinese could step all over without talking back to you.

You are suppressing my views and my feelings about being a Chinese in the UK.  It is the truth about Chinese being treated in the UK and still is.  I am talking about some fresh experience only a month ago in a trade show and the business people I am dealing with here.  So DO NOT tell me not to say my experience.  

It is true I do not think Chinese government should invest anymore in the UK.   They will bite you back.  Look at Rupert Murdoch!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.