Author: starfruit12

British people attitude towards Chinese   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-20 04:56:55 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-3-13 04:22
I agree, but even if you conform to their culture, they still put you in their class system as l ...

wow, some real Brits bullies here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 04:58:58 |Display all floors
Another example about the truth of the UK racism.  Hope they allow the news put in here.  But this shows how the Brits see Chinese.  

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/home ... by-BNP-husband.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:06:31 |Display all floors
starfruit12 Post time: 2012-3-13 04:27
It was midland.  London is the best part of the whole UK, trust me.  It is because it is full of ...

Lebeast - i won't leave because of some narrow minded racists want me to.  i am simply telling people about things that they don't see on TV about British society.  The real truth about English people and racism in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:09:55 |Display all floors
philo09 Post time: 2012-3-13 05:10
Henry the 8th left the Catholic Church because the pope would not grant him a divorce, then he con ...

Philo09 - hahaha did you want the movie called the Bolyne Girls???!!!  Please read some history book.  It is not just about a woman, but it is about political power shifting from Catholic Church to his own Church of England, so that he could rule his country and twisted rules according to his liking. He was the God of Church of England , did you know that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:15:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-3-13 10:38
You dodged my question.

My question was: What nationality people were treating your imaginary Chi ...

Well, your Chinese wife experience lack of details and factual information.  My experience is true and I like to express here and share with many people who doesn't know about the truth of the UK.  Chinese people in the UK have been very silent it is not cultural way to be assertive.  Most of the criticism from Chinese has been suppressed by the PR machine in the UK, so most of the news you see in the UK are about how bad outside the UK is, but not much about racism and the dark side of the real UK.  How most English people see Chinese is not surprising.  They call Chinese Chinky and living in the Victorian time still behaving like they were there empire and looking down on everyone non-English.  Most peole don't know that because they will smile and nice to you in front of you as if you are their best mate, then once you turn your back, they backstab you.  This is not new, this is their culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:21:21 |Display all floors
idorun Post time: 2012-3-13 11:41
This does not surprise me at all . The British can be very snobbish, about who they talk to and who  ...

idorun - I totally agree with you.  UK education system is close to collapse.  There was a documentary about the English people literacy level is so poor that many foreigners write and spell better English than them.  I think they live off the old Empire proud, but empty inside.  

Whereas, US, you have many not too good universities, but if you can get to the top ones, the business side of the education is much more advanced than the UK.  Almost all UK business centres are copying the US business models.

If you like to study engineer, it must be Germany or France.  I've met a lot of very intellegent people in London are actually not English but are from France, Germany and other European countries actually.  Europeans are much more open minded especially on business.  Unlike dealing with the English, they only like to do business or buy stuffs from English companies.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-20 05:22:53 |Display all floors
lebeast Post time: 2012-3-13 11:48
and Asians sure like going there for education

most of them

correction - you are right.  In London, some people would like the idea to go to work in China but mostly non-Brits though.  Most Brits still enjoy their fish and chips from their locals.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.