Views: 4447|Replies: 15

Apple sucess is built on? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-3 03:59:03 |Display all floors

The real reasons for Apple's success.......

Apple's inimitable success can be attributed to former founder and CEO Steve Jobs' relationship with Apple's partners, says Ron Adner, author of "The Wide Lens: A New Strategy for Innovation" and strategy professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He says Jobs was able to dictate favorable terms for Apple to cell phone operators and app developers. Apple's partners played by Apple's rules allowing Apple to attain ownership of consumer data, force huge phone subsidies and charge low prices for apps.

"The way Jobs built up this ecosystem is the real differentiator" between Apple and its competitors, Adner tells The Daily Ticker's Aaron Task. "The root cause of Apple's success is not just their great products. Apple has been able to pull together partners into its ecosystem on terms that allow it to control the transactions and capture the lion's share of the profits in a way that none of the other platforms have been able to do.ss

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 08:27:19 |Display all floors
Apple sucess is built on?
-------------------------------------

Thieving and ripping off other peoples' ideas!
Diane Abbot (British MP): Anglos love playing divide and rule
David Cameron (British PM): Anglos caused most of the world's problems!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-3 09:25:24 |Display all floors
Hua Wei , Samsung, all others still don't get it
And if they get it, they have not been able to duplicate Apples success in building a unique ecosystem with the participation of thousands of partners.

There is Steve Jobs magic.

Huawei Wei quad core is an attempt to catch up with Samsung.both fighting in low margin, highly competitive Android ecosystem. They have no control over the total user experience.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 01:31:05 |Display all floors
i seem to remember apple almost went out of business but got saved by a loan  from microsoft which was handy for gates because it helped with the anti trust suit to be able to say look at apple they are competition.
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 01:58:45 |Display all floors
scrotymcbugerba Post time: 2012-3-4 01:31
i seem to remember apple almost went out of business but got saved by a loan  from microsoft which w ...

Good point.

Let's just say the entanglement of Apple and Microsoft goes way way back.

Right at the beginning of both.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-3-4 02:04:53 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-3-4 01:58
Good point.

Would I be right in saying that if you go back to the beginning ........

It was IBM who really didn't, and still don't know what is happening .......

Even though they were the beginning of the whole new concept of what we have now  ........ ?

Ta .....
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-4 02:10:42 |Display all floors
there really is no need for them either much longer open source will take over most of the software sales by 2020 there will still be a need for new computers but people will slowly learn that closed source is not as good.
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.