Views: 2219|Replies: 2

HK's chief executive apologizes to public [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-2 09:19:31 |Display all floors
This post was edited by goldengrove at 2012-3-2 09:20

HK.jpg

Hong Kong's Chief Executive (CE) Donald Tsang formally apologized onThursday to the public over travel and other incidents related to him, which were believed tohave created worries and shaken public confidence in the city's institutional system.

Attention has been drawn to Tsang recently after local media disclosed his holiday trips onprivate jets and yachts owned by his tycoon friends, and the renting of a Shenzhen flat whereTsang intended to live after his tenure ended.

A full account of the incidents have been demanded by the city' s lawmakers, who also called fora full disclosure of payments Tsang made.

Tsang, while attending a question and answer session at the city's Legislative Council in theday, said that after consulting with his wife, he has decided to give up the Shenzhen flat and willarrange meetings to terminate the contract as soon as possible.

Wide media coverage has already generated public suspicion on my honesty and integrity asthe city's CE, Tsang said, who admitted his ways of dealing with the incidents did not meet thepublic expectations.

"Today, I came to the Legislative Council by myself to provide an explanation, not with anintention to save my own reputation, but to restore the public's confidence in a clean anddevoted government," Tsang said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 10:30:31 |Display all floors
Nice bowtie!
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 17:28:19 |Display all floors
A storm in the teacup!

Donald Tsang is a very noble and decent guy.
The Long Hair mobs want their pound of flesh from him, before he leaves Office.

Not too long ago, Donald had the guts to call them a bunch of 'illiterate street thugs', that they are.
These ugly mobster HK 'Legislator' are making a mockery of Hong Kong legal standing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.