This post was edited by cestmoi at 2012-4-14 09:44|
Okay, here are some of my quick-n-easy recipes for single guys.
The first one is a Chinese-style steamed fish recipe with American characteristics, you will be needing following stuff:
* Scaled and cleaned fish ( Chinese like Perch, I buy Red Snapper when I can get them );
* Bunch of scallions, sliced;
* Few thin slices of ginger, cut in stipes;
* Jalapenos ( sliced, gives it some heat - optional though);
* Chinese white pepper
* Soy sauce ( I use Kikkoman Low Salt Soy)
Pad dry fish, sprinkle with pepper.
Stuff the fish with scallions and ginger, jalapenos optional ( warning: hot stuff, handle with care! ).
Put fish on bed of scallions and ginger
Serve with white rice ( I generally steam a whole carrot with the rice, taste sweeter like that ).
Sorry picture won't load.
Umm eventually picture loaded, heh heh heh
Steamed Fish with Scallions and Ginger
Please improve on this if you have time, for Cestmoi's taste buds... heh heh heh, but keep it simple for busy single old man.