Author: voice_cd

iCook: Your special recipe 亮亮我的私房菜   [Copy link] 中文

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-3-12 16:21:29 |Display all floors
Lono_Sainoa Post time: 2012-3-12 13:32
FYI, white breads like those hamburger buns are really unhealthy as well

try selecting something wi ...

That's not healthy recipes, granted.

Of course it's not something you should eat everyday, but it's good once in a while to indulge oneself.

Regarding the pizza, I wrote pepperoni can be replaced by anything, I just wrote the recipe with pepperonis as the picture was with pepperoni.

But I agree to the fact that it is important to eat healthy, pizza everyday is not good.

But that doesn't mean you can't go on a grease fest once in a while, health is not only in your body but also in your head. Comfort food triggers hormonal responses that healthy food doesn't. And this hormonal response makes you feel good.

So it's just like everything else, MODERATION !
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-12 16:45:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lono_Sainoa at 2012-3-12 16:51
MisterPanda Post time: 2012-3-12 16:21
That's not healthy recipes, granted.

Of course it's not something you should eat everyday, but it ...

right..

happiness will help you to live alot longer than unhappily dieting

and comfort foods like great cheeses and fatty meats are vital to a long healthy life of happiness and a robust passion for living

and small amounts of fatty meats and cheeses more frequently is also healthier than larger amounts of fatty meats and cheeses less frequently

but the nitrates & nitrites are the killers

you need to get your sausages, hams and bacons from a reputable Charcuterie shop which uses the minimal amounts possible, and cures for the longest times possible

but whatever.. i eat hotdogs whenever i make Chili

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-3-13 00:40:25 |Display all floors
Landyeo Post time: 2012-3-2 19:00
I want to join the activity , which presents my favorite food to my dear friends . However , as a co ...

wish20.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 00:57:36 |Display all floors
Are you the poof

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:32:35 |Display all floors
jambalaya - about 1 lb of shrimp (shells shucked and de-veined), 1lb of sausage (I tend to lean towards a Polish Kielbasa, and if that is not availible a Sweet Italian), and 1lb of ground meat (if in season, deer).  Throw in one onion, a green bell pepper, some red peppers (depending on your tolerance for heat), some garlic cloves (depending on your family/co-workers tolerance of your breath), bay leaves.  I also use 'Cajun Seasoning', depending on who has something available at the store.  If not, it is usually a mix of Black Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder and Italian Seasoning.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:52:49 |Display all floors
Depending on the size of the crew I am feeding - I tend to go with a 1 to 2 cups of white rice mixed with a cup of brown or wild rice.  Usually use Olive oil for the cooking of the meats (shrimp and deer) - which is cooked with chopped up garlic and a bit of the onion.

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-13 09:55:25 |Display all floors
While the meat is cooking, I chop up the peppers, garlic, and onion extra fine.  Once the meat is cooked, I throw everything into vat of boiling water, along with the rice and veggies, and depending on tolerance a few fistfuls of seasoning.  Once a full boil is up again, in goes the meat.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.