Views: 2670|Replies: 2

Will easy online shopping catch on offline? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-3-1 13:42:17 |Display all floors
Did anyone else notice that buying stuff online got a lot easier (which used to be almost as time-consuming as going to a market). In big markets I often find the seller can mess around for 15 minutes pretending they are going to check if they have any or not . Now it seems as simple as ask 5 sellers if they have stock and then just buy from the one that says "yes" first. Ah... such a pleasure to shop quickly. Do you think it will catch on?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 09:35:32 |Display all floors
Yes definately. I often get stuff online too. In China, Taobao is the hottest web where you can shop efficiently. More importantly, it's much cheaper than shopping malls and it saves you a lot of time from bargaining. Shopping malls are becoming Taobao's fitting rooms

Where do you shop?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-2 09:49:20 |Display all floors
Same for me (although not looking to plug any site in particular). Some stuff you can't buy off the net though like shoes which you really need to feel for quality.  Also food need to be very careful with I find. Have to ask if its real or 100% and I find unclear answers mean 'no'. But anyway, beats markets on time. Actually I already find buying stuff in Jingan district is much easier than outside the inner circle (subway line). I love shopping there, really quick and easy. So maybe the buyer-seller culture has already spread to the inner city or at least some areas. Did anyone else notice this difference in the past 5 years or so?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.