Author: MichaelM

Would You Choose Love Over Family Wishes?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-11 02:20:42 |Display all floors
certainly the experience that people talk about is different. Most university students are only just dating for the first time in their life. it makes a big difference, but does that mean the parents should disapprove of an inexperienced child's choice? it is often that the parents are not truly interested in happiness for their child but financial stability and safety.
While I am lucky enough to have a wife who's parents were very open and accepting and only cared about her happiness, I know most people are not so lucky.

If you were in the situation where your parents disapproved of your love interest, or your children wanted to marry someone you don't like, I would recommend compromise. Parents should offer to support the marriage but ask their child to wait before getting married, date the person for another year or two. They should be wise enough to know that if the child's partner is really not right for their child, then the truth will come out in that time. For the children, offer the same thing to your parents, because if your love is real and strong then you will still want to marry your partner after that time.
"to refuse love, to turn away love because you fear the pain of loss, is to live a life without love, a much greater loss." that's what I wrote to my wife the first night I courted her and she was unsure of me! almost 10 years ago now!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.