Author: MichaelM

Would You Choose Love Over Family Wishes?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-2-22 14:26:14 |Display all floors
Chinese parents also want their kids to be happily married and they just feel they could see farther and more mature than their kids. They have more ideas about how practical marriage is. In most cases, parents respect and agree with their kids' choices and parents would eventually accept whoever their kids marry if their kids are really happy.  BTW, Why wouldn't her family accept the man? Is the man divorced or way too old?

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2012-2-22 14:39:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by MichaelM at 2012-2-22 14:40
amylhz Post time: 2012-2-22 14:26
Chinese parents also want their kids to be happily married and they just feel they could see farther ...

Thank you for your insight. It is very helpful. I think she presumes that her parents might have difficultly accepting the other man perhaps because of their fondness of the boyfriend. I don't think she has told her parents that she believes her boyfriend is unfaithful to her (yet).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 17:06:49 |Display all floors
I heared a  real story which was similar with your friend,a girl's parents like their son-in-no ,but their daughter' heart is hurted severely by him.Finally,the couple divorced.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 17:29:54 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2012-2-22 14:39
Thank you for your insight. It is very helpful. I think she presumes that her parents might have di ...

You are welcome. I think she should tell her parents about that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 19:55:43 |Display all floors
That's simple to make decision for her,choose the one you love rather than staying in a werid relationship by cheating each other.

Hope the young lady do not love to a wrong man again.

Time can tell .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-22 19:58:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lanjingling at 2012-2-22 20:16
amylhz Post time: 2012-2-22 14:26
Chinese parents also want their kids to be happily married and they just feel they could see farther ...

The most of the chinese ,esp the elder generation, who married to a man or a woman without love,but goes with intermediates or match makers. From that view I do not think the parents have more knowleges or experiences to tell what their children whom should marry with , or who is the best for their son or daughter ? what the parents can see parently stay only on surface,such as  job ,social statuas,backgrounds, wealthy condition. that is the only criteria for parents's eyes.  

For me marry to a person over the parents wishes is very wrong mind-set which guide many couples to a dead way- devorced at the end. Just look around how many couples are staying in a previous relationships back to before marriage. I am really curious to that figures. One of my relatives who married again once told me the area that he is living in are all the 2nd marriage couples,even 3rd time marriage couples, of course, less numbers can tell. aha, so I responded, you would not feel  embrassed and awkward with the same old stories.

He is the guy married over with parents' wishes as were wished to gain higher position and earn more cashes with the wife's strong backgrounds in government, All proved it was a wrong marriage. he divorced with wife and  one child goes with his wife, one child goes with him. He regreted many times and many things in his life .

So, before it is so late , put yourself the owner of the life- even choose your right one.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-2-23 00:42:06 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2012-2-22 06:00
Thank you for your answer. Please help me to understand. It is more important in China to make you ...

Personally speaking it was my target in life to make my parents and sister happy.I could never allow myself to fall in love with somebody who would not be good and appropriate for them.I could not be happy if they were not.No way.
When I was a young girl I was more serious .
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.